Author Topic: The State of the Scripts  (Read 6103 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: The State of the Scripts
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »
I have achieved my goal. One can become many...

Thanks TM.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 10:27:51 AM »
Cerveza, you have inspired me!  I'll put the NGFS into the list/tab subs this weekend.  :)

Gotta do something during the gawd-awefull superbowl.  I normally goto CostCo during that time; nobody there so I get all the kitty litter.

Seriously...?  Grrr.  haha  Hey, while you're at it, release the full CLAw publicly just to get back at Cerv for getting you to do this.  Thanks. :)  Now I'm gonna be scripting for a month straight...  I'll have catass.  While you're at it, add saving of list selection to individual tabs in the list/tab subs too.  You'll be right there... no reason not to.  Even if you and I will be the only ones using it.  It's such a great addition, it already remembers what tab you had selected!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 10:30:41 AM »
...release the full CLAw publicly just to get back at Cerv for getting you to do this.

Now there's an idea I can pwnder.

While you're at it, add saving of list selection to individual tabs in the list/tab subs too.  You'll be right there... no reason not to.  Even if you and I will be the only ones using it.  It's such a great addition, it already remembers what tab you had selected!

And make it easy on you?  Never!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 06:44:52 PM »
I keep waiting for the progress bar to be replaced with:

B=========D

:P

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 11:08:09 AM »
Sure you don't mean

( )_C R A Y O L A_( >
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 12:14:53 PM »
I am absolutely guilty as charged.  For me it was the coincidence of moving my family and business at the same time that the OEUO threat came out.  I looked into learning to script in LUA and it seems doable, but only if it was a true transition that was going to happen. 

I suppose I am reluctantly getting back into supporting my stuff.  I still hate the idea of sinking my time into something with the threat that the rug can/will get pulled from beneath me as I work on it.   
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 05:42:13 PM »
Interesting comments...  I have only logged in to pickup xmas gifts since about mid November.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 01:41:27 PM »
I am one of those that dropped out (for the time being anyways ). I was just getting into writing serious scripts, when he decided to do this change thing (and we all know how change things go  ;D ).

I was waiting for some decent scripts in oeuo to read through to get an idea how to do things.

Now waiting for him to finish it, so I can maybe ( when, not if ) get back into this "skinner box" again.

While it is seriously irratating, I also understand that I don't know what is going on in Cheffe's r/l.

So hopefully this year, maybe.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Tags: