Author Topic: Best spot for NEW loot system Farming??  (Read 23069 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Best spot for NEW loot system Farming??
« on: November 22, 2012, 07:28:42 AM »
Ok.. so finally getting around to making a character to get me some of these crazy new items, but I'm unsure of where I should be farming.   It's my understanding that Shame / Wrong / Covetous are all spawning the crazy new items, is this correct?  I'm planning on attended AUTOMATED farming for items using CLAw to loot.   From the quick tests I've done so far Cove Level 3 is just an absolute pita & Wrong isn't much better.  Shame can be good, but the High end critters Unbound EV's or Eternals Gazers are a little bit "iffy" on the automated part bc of the difficulty.  Things like Earth eles, Mud, Clay Golems, Greaters etc are all easy, but I don't know if they can produce good loot over time...
Anyway... just looking for input from those of you that have long ago been there done that !!

THX !

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Best spot for NEW loot system Farming??
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 07:40:50 AM »
Lemme know if you do a speed comparison test of the new vs. old item dragging system.  I kinda added it quickly and haven't heard any feedback.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 07:55:30 AM »
Ok.. so finally getting around to making a character to get me some of these crazy new items, but I'm unsure of where I should be farming.   It's my understanding that Shame / Wrong / Covetous are all spawning the crazy new items, is this correct?  I'm planning on attended AUTOMATED farming for items using CLAw to loot.   From the quick tests I've done so far Cove Level 3 is just an absolute pita & Wrong isn't much better.  Shame can be good, but the High end critters Unbound EV's or Eternals Gazers are a little bit "iffy" on the automated part bc of the difficulty.  Things like Earth eles, Mud, Clay Golems, Greaters etc are all easy, but I don't know if they can produce good loot over time...
Anyway... just looking for input from those of you that have long ago been there done that !!

THX !

Honestly, if you're going to do unattended, the best bet is the Cave Troll Guardians at the entrance to level 1.  They are easy, they drop the occasional Lesser Artifact and no one goes there because you can recall directly into more lucrative parts of the dungeon.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 08:00:58 AM »
Well.. The Cave Troll is just straight up too EASY heh...  Though you might have a point about respawning times which I hadn't considered.  I know the harder monsters (Clay, Mud, Greater E. Ele's, Fire etc) I can kill most of faster than they spawn, so perhaps a lesser monster that has a different spawning mechanic (Don't the Cave Trolls instant respawn bc you have to kill them to get past the wall? )  Anyway, I now those Crazy non cursed rings / bracelets that go for 50+ M aren't probably drops from low end critters.. somewhere in the middle I'd guess..

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 08:46:09 AM »
I might have a look at the blood ele's, they dropped good stuff back when the loot was different but I am not so sure now.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 08:49:13 AM »
 Was reading on stratics to get the top end loot you either have to hit the low end levels with high luck or the top end levels (unbounds, bloods ect) with no luck.

It was explained if you're consistantly getting perfect mod jewels that are cursed/brittle you would need to lower your luck down to achieve constant flow of useable/sellable jewels.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 12:03:29 PM »
Was reading on stratics to get the top end loot you either have to hit the low end levels with high luck or the top end levels (unbounds, bloods ect) with no luck.

It was explained if you're consistantly getting perfect mod jewels that are cursed/brittle you would need to lower your luck down to achieve constant flow of useable/sellable jewels.

Interesting - thank you for that!

Offline Black Widow

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Black Widow has no influence.
  • Well Hello there....Skippy
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 01:57:35 PM »
I've found the same to be true....
In shame/coventous:
Low end spawn...high luck....LvL 1 & 2

High end spawn... LvL 3 or better: 0-140 luck....and watch the good stuff roll in.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder
One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw
And behold a white horse...
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him....

Offline Black Widow

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Black Widow has no influence.
  • Well Hello there....Skippy
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 01:59:40 PM »
Moreover,

I use alot of the the cursed artifacts in skill training....great bonus !!!
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder
One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw
And behold a white horse...
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him....

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 02:19:52 PM »
i have 2 very very high end shame items (any piece 100m+) i get all killing vortex with high luck 2500+, if ou want the reallly high end need be strong mob + luck but ifyou want items por imbue go  without luck, or if you want relic fram go low mobs with luck, and if you want plain items go mud eles without luck, i allreayd got near 20 - 30 20%dci or hci jewels without mods on the muds.

renember if you want items with 7 mods without curse, brittle  you need, kill a high end mob with high end luck.

for example

ring
nocurse
fc1
fcr4
lrc25
lmc10
mr4
phys14

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:23:17 PM by HardY- »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 03:02:28 PM »
i allreayd got near 20 - 30 20%dci or hci jewels without mods on the muds.
When did you do this??  I know they made a change to the intensity of Shame drops not long after it came out which screwed up max intensity low number of mod items.   Hmm.. I can totally see AFK'ing Mud ele's bc they are easy..   Unbound EV's though would be a challenge just because of the spawning pattern.  Sure you can Handle 1 but can you handle 2-3??  I'd have to brainstorm, but I'm sure there's a good template for farming Unbounds totally automated style.   (I'll be at PC, but doing other stuff @ work.. so there for troublesome players.. but it's gotta handle the monsters all by itself heh)

Thx,.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 03:27:10 PM »
If they are disco'd and you get honor off my sampire can handle three of them.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 03:29:34 PM »
1- i got the drops on the start of shame, so idk if they changed.

2 - i use a sampire with arch (no parry) and heal, and can handle 2 - 3 without problems, i only have problem when a bastard lure a fire mage.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 05:33:07 PM »
Insert Quote
If they are disco'd and you get honor off my sampire can handle three of them.
Heh.. Cheater !!!   If I was using multiple accounts it wouldn't be a problem... unless of course your talking about some sort of Disco / Sampire solo character?

------------------

Insert Quote
1- i got the drops on the start of shame, so idk if they changed.
Yeah... they changed it so you no longer get single mods at max intensity basically...

2 - i use a sampire with arch (no parry) and heal, and can handle 2 - 3 without problems, i only have problem when a bastard lure a fire mage.
Well your rocking a ranged attack and also using healing which is bandages aka... limited resource.  I could probably write something to stay away from 1 Unbound Ev & use archery, but it's would be a pain to try that with 2-3 for sure..... Ultimately the Healing is what would make me not go that route though.  I'm planning on tuning a template specifically for this 1 job to run like clockwork if I can pull it off heh.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 06:01:28 PM »
I have a disco samp but you can't get enough damage off to make that guy a solo artist.  She is a way of speeding up stuff for my other tanking main.

Tags: