Author Topic: Question to osi scripters  (Read 4020 times)

Offline ChopsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Chops has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Question to osi scripters
« on: October 29, 2015, 09:42:26 AM »
Is it hard to macro afk? Lets say mining, lumberjacking or heartwood? Do you get caught often?

I have been having this discussion about afk scrippting and was told that in osi afk scrippting is heavily penalized, and that heartwood for example is empty of afk macroers.

I have also been told that the objective of the bod and heartwood system was to catch afk scrippters.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: Question to osi scripters
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 11:47:09 AM »
I never had an issue.  If you fully AFK for extended periods of time, then yes.  However if you add some Human factors into your script or be present at times, it makes it harder to be seen as AFK.  There are ways to beat the system :)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 11:49:45 AM »
Is it hard to macro afk? Lets say mining, lumberjacking or heartwood? Do you get caught often?

I have been having this discussion about afk scrippting and was told that in osi afk scrippting is heavily penalized, and that heartwood for example is empty of afk macroers.

I have also been told that the objective of the bod and heartwood system was to catch afk scrippters.

I hardly play these days... but a few years ago I used to run a lumberjacker/miner General AFKer   24x7 x 365.   Never got caught banned etc.   But  the main reason was because I avoided other players like the plaque.   The only way you will get banned is if someone pages on you  so Heartwood can be dangerous as its a confined  area.   Any place with active players  is dangerous for scripting and your asking for trouble.

If you choose completely off the beaten path places to  do your AFK tasks you will never have an issue... I could run my lumber-jacking mining script for weeks never seeing another player......  Of course I took other precautions as well but they are all just extensions of "don't be seen... " principle.

Bodding also falls under this rule.. if you are afk bodding in a busy luna bank you are asking for it,  their are a zillion places to bod don't do it in a busy place.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:52:49 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 02:34:23 AM »
AS EN said, you have to play smart and you will be okay. When lumberjacking and mining, use different rarely visited banks, make sure you have plenty of runebooks so you aren't seen at the same spot for a long time etc. I usually use a minimum of 8-12 books making sure if anyone does see me, it will be a long time before they see me again. I do not have my characters dump ore, boards, or blackrock either. If I don't want it, I trash it or donate it.

I have never scripted BODs so I would definitely listen to EN on that one.

Offline Biza

• Activity:
    0%
  • Biza has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 02:59:01 AM »
I am pretty sure the only GMs are developers at this point. The game is ran by a skeleton crew of engineers from broadsword. I think 10-15 people or so, possibly some volunteer people for non GM roles such as councilors as well. The only way you are going to get caught is if you are obvious about it. Sitting afk at Luna bank like stated above, not using scripts with people detection in populated areas, using scripts that are obviously bots and sitting in the same area in LB farming minax arties for hours. I only do these things when im at my computer. I also play on a dead server (most are dead at this time).

Simply put, they can not stop the flood. If they ban then they lose revenue and most wouldn't come back. This is an 18 year old game that has been decaying for the last 12 years or so. If you get paged on and then caught by a GM its your own fault really.
Quote from: TrailMyx
These are the things we look for in new users and perspective Elite members:

Quoting Elites/GMods/Admins in your siggys.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 08:17:30 AM »
What Endless Night said.  I have literally run a script for weeks, allowing for server downtime, without seeing another player and - thus - in complete safety.

Location.  Location.  Location.

Offline ChopsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Chops has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 11:38:04 AM »
Thanks for the replies, I guess it's the same everywhere, even if it's payed staff.

Regarding heartwood bows, are uber bows available to everyone due to scripting?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 01:52:28 PM »
They Nerfed Runic Kits to where you can't reforge Hit Spell (Lightning, Fireball, Harm, MA) onto bows. You also can't loot them with the new loot system, because of this 99% of the time players just craft 100% Elemental bows or 40% Ssi bows and imbue the mods they want.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: