Author Topic: OK... What is this guy killing in Shame & with what template to pull this stuff?  (Read 9768 times)

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Think of luck like you would reforging. There needs to be a balance in order to get what you want...
The more luck, the more powerful the items you get, which mean more mods and higher intensities. However with more mods means potentially more wasted mods and/or unnecessary mods. Again, kind of like reforging minus the brittle sometimes. There is a balance to it depending on what you want, and honestly there is no way for someone to really tell you "just use this much luck to faceroll lootchecks". You have to know what you want to work towards by knowing what is available to drop on an item and work your way up to that point from 0 luck in order to find that sweet spot where you're not getting so many wasted mods on items or too few/weak mods on items.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I heard 1100 Luck is the 'sweet spot' for certain mobs, and it certainly seems to be the case for me when I farm level 2 with my disco sampire. I tried a max luck suit and just felt like I wasn't pulling as many usable/sellable items as with 1100, not that I have any real evidence of this - it's more of a gut feeling :)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Disco Sampire huh? Template something like:

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Bushido
120 Weapon
100 Necro
120 Parry
Something in Chiv?

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
Disco Sampire huh? Template something like:

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Bushido
120 Weapon
100 Necro
120 Parry
Something in Chiv?

X

Why not anatomy for damage bonus?
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
That's why I'm asking, I don't know how to fit everything in that template.

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
    • View Profile
Hmmm. Ok I see a problem with anatomy. Would leave you with no way to recall/sj.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
Scrolls?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Buy a new boat if you don't have one. Park it close to a moongate or your house.
Have at least 40 mana.
No magery is required to recall to the boat.
Use a corrupted crystal portal to get to the dungeon.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
[/lurk]
*sings*

"Ocean-front property in So-sar-eeeee-ah"

*runs*

[lurk]

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Just make sure the runebooks are fully charged, no big deal.

Also, can't you recall in wraith form without magery?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
Still requires Regs.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
I'm curious to see how 8 Ball build this template.  See like I will need to put my luck suit and try Lvl 2 again.  I was getting some good drop of the golem but nothing to fancy. 

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
That's why I'm asking, I don't know how to fit everything in that template.

I used to run a disco archer. It was extremely easy and cheap to build plus it hit REALLY hard. A disco samp sounds like it would require a lot of time and money to get the suit right. 

Here lately I've seen a lot of weird temps. I saw a disco mystic that casted a RC. I can farm a lot of things with the dragon though.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
I have a disco/Mytic/Stealth. I love him to hunt around.  Good support Character and protector.   An template that keep you a life is a good one now. 

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
    • View Profile
I always used a classic sampire template for max damage... then ran my disco mage/mystic and pretty much just controlled him. UEV would target the sampire on it's own (script takes care of swing and such) while the disco dude did his thing. Ran around 1300 luck. Would always get something clean and nice every time. Multiple items most of the time. I even ran the disco guy via script a lot. Not something you would walk away from though.

Tags: