Author Topic: OK... What is this guy killing in Shame & with what template to pull this stuff?  (Read 9767 times)

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Disco Sampire huh? Template something like:

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Bushido
120 Weapon
100 Necro
120 Parry
Something in Chiv?

X

120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Music
120 Discordance
100 Necro
80 Chivalry
60 Parry

I use a 1100 Luck suit, a mix of wooden and leather armour with luck shield and M&S glasses which I just threw together for the 1100 Luck. So far I've only used it to farm the first few levels of Shame against melee monsters rather than casters, due to the lack of Resist Spells and the fact that I don't have EP or massive stat increases on this suit so debuffs can really shut me down. I don't really notice the lack of Perfection with taking Disco instead of Bushido, as the damage I can output seems comparable and I imagine against monsters like UEVs Disco is preferable to the increasing damage from Perfection anyway. I'd build a 'normal' suit for this char to try fighting some other high-end single target monsters, but I'm kinda burnt out on building samp suits at the moment, and I have 3 or 4 sampires anyway :P

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Yep, you absolutely need to disco UEVs.  Otherwise, your kills/hour go way down.  Shame is all about generating quantity to find that nugget of quality.

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
Yep, you absolutely need to disco UEVs.  Otherwise, your kills/hour go way down.  Shame is all about generating quantity to find that nugget of quality.

I wouldn't say you HAVE to disco UEV's....   

(Case 1)
Sampire Not using Disco
45% HCI
30% HLD Glasses...
UEV Average Wrestling = 135... *Number crunches* = I hit it 87% of the time if it's under HLD.   If I'm AI'ing their resist is irrelevant...
Damage I take from UEV doesn't really matter bc Samp form is enough to deal with it easily...

(Case 2)
Sampire using Disco....
Basically the big one is the -14 to it's Resist and your Chance to hit bumps up to 100% basically.  If your not AI'ing then the 14 Resist decrease is pretty huge, but otherwise if it's Armor Ignores it don't matter.   

So it's basically a 13% increased chance to hit them.... is what you get out of DISCO.. but your giving up probably 240 skill points....    I personally want to simply try corpse skin on them for a -15 point resist drop in poison & I was thinking Double Strike for 2x the chances to leech and it will out dmg AI at that point.   Under corpse with a 100% poison wep I remember doing about 99 with reg hits on a 120 Tac / 100 anat char.. so that's over 200 Double striking with more mana leech chances or even hit effect.   (Though you do miss dbl strikes sometimes but with the pub 81 increase to HCI they are a lot better!)

Anyway.... ultimately if you can dual client then Disco / Tribulation / 4 Vollems etc....   these things should be falling in < 2 minutes with 2 clients.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
If only your Mana Could keep up with the Discord Debuff on top of that! The one that Procs everytime you hit it. *Drools*
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
Anyway.... ultimately if you can dual client then Disco / Tribulation / 4 Vollems etc....   these things should be falling in < 2 minutes with 2 clients.

Four Vollems?!  Do tell...!

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile

2 x 2 ....     = P

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile

2 x 2 ....     = P

Smarty pants.  I meant, how much damage do they do, and in what fashion do you employ them?

Tags: