Author Topic:  (Read 4077 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« on: July 04, 2013, 05:39:24 AM »
If you PvP or participate in factions Read it.  They are basically nuking factions & replacing the whole system & asking for ideas...

http://stratics.com/community/threads/in-concept-virtue-vs-vice.301505/

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 12:31:13 PM »
Cut/Paste of relevant text, if you don't mind?

Thanks!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 04:17:49 PM »
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 04:24:31 PM »
1. Duh
2. Huh? She should have read that line before posting it. Can't even be sure what point she is trying to make.
3. See #2
4. Maybe they could finish the virtue system before re-engineering it for faction.

1-5 sounds very similar to the current faction system if I am remembering it correctly.
6. Mildly interesting but I have spent hours waiting in ques for opposing teams to assemble in other games.. GW comes to mind.

overall. Meh
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 04:37:09 PM »
+ rep for posting this, thanks.

Giant 'meh' from me, too.  All my stacks of faction silver...worthless...boo!

Prediction #1:  manwinc will own this with the brute squad
Prediction #2:  We will find a way to break the system with our many alt accounts =D

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »
I keep my brute Squad Out of Factions.

Actually Nobama you can sell 60k stacks of Silver very easily on atlantic :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 07:25:23 AM »
The initial proposal with the 'queue' system for battles will never work simply because of the low numbers of people playing/PvPing in UO right now, nevermind the infighting that will occur from all of the existing faction/guild rivalries. I suspect this will go the way of their last faction overhaul proposal...

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 09:16:04 AM »
They need to just make an only Faction Dungeon with some BA stuff in it, stealables, Spawns, Vendors, no Guard Zones at all.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 09:39:58 AM »
They need to just make an only Faction Dungeon with some BA stuff in it, stealables, Spawns, Vendors, no Guard Zones at all.

This.  Put some highly desireable system/ingredients in there and people will flock to it.  Sort of what they did with faction arties, but in a way that doesn't lend itself to blues just staying in trammel with leet faction gear.

It works with powerscrolls, after all...

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 07:32:33 PM »
New Area Only Accessible if you are in Factions. What all should we put in it.

No Guard Zones. NONE end of Statement.

3 Spawns? Could just have them do the Tokuno Spawn, the Blighted Grove, and the Bedlam Spawn, but make them Fel Based so they Drop Scrolls + the Arties.

If you die, you are kicked to the Shrine of your Faction with your Gear/inventory. You can't leave the Room for (5 Minutes if killed by an opposing Faction member??). Lets Face it, people prefer Fast Paced no Risk PvP like Call of Duty. Noone Likes Dying, having to Res and Resupply. The Timer Gives just enough time to get players out of the Fight so one side can win, but not so much time that People quit Fighting All Together. This will get the Whiners out of the Guard zone and Into the Action. I never said they would stop whining.

Killing Members of Your Own Factions Needs Some sort of Punishment. Maybe put the 20 Minute Stat loss for this or 30, or kick them from the Instance with none of their Supplies and a timer before Reentering, and Kill them. :)

New Stealables. (Give those Rares Collectors Some Pixel Crack)

Timer From when you enter so you can't Leave Until the Time is Up. (10 Minutes? 15 Minutes?) Can't Leave if in the heat of Battle.

Spawn Layouts need to be 3 Styles.
1. Grinder - Kind of a despise Island Layout. Easily Fielded 2 Entrances. Maybe look at SL base entrance?
2. Open Field. No obstructions
3. A Mix between the Two.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 10:24:16 PM »
This entire concept change is retarded, I know atleast 30 other veteran factioners who like me have played factions for over 10 years and do not support this, however upon posting our opinions (in a politically and factually correct manner with evidence and facts supporting) each and every one of our posts were deleted, why? Because it went against "the flow of the thread" meaning that they didn't want any feedback about not wanting it regardless if facts.

EA Needs to leave factions alone in my opinion. The only practical buff it's received since it's conception is the faction artifacts, some people claim that the corruption timers were also useful but tbh they changed those timers when having cities was no longer useful, about 5 years after the fact. They've done plenty to nerf the availability of faction artifacts however those dedicated still use them (I blew over 1M silver the first week they changed them, which is ridiculous considering farming vesper graveyard or even mongbats for 1M gold is faster than farming anything for 1M silver.)

It's just my bitter uncounted opinion that Mesanna was a mistake as a developer.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Tags: