Author Topic: Guild Bot  (Read 3125 times)

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Guild Bot
« on: August 23, 2009, 12:11:47 PM »
Ok so I figured I'd start this thread so all those interested can give input and such. Awhile back I started on a project called Guild Bot. It's purpose was to be an "always on" guild "secretary" that could do pretty much anything you wanted! This character would always sit in a house (usually yew) and would remain hidden for the most part, only coming revealed when necessary and then hiding again. All commands would be given in guild chat unless otherwise noted!

Functions:
#1. Rez guildmates either automatically or by command (Example: "GBOT rez me"), as well as possibly heal/cure
#2. Rez pets either automatically or by command
#3. Gate to different spawn and faction locations by command (Example: "GBOT gate Fire" or "GBOT gate Despise")
#4. Guild characters on command (Example: "GBOT guild me PASSWORD" - This would just be spoken out loud in the house, password would be given in ventrilo or whatever)
#5. Repair armor/weps etc. (I hadn't thought of a good way to implement this so it had been on the chopping block)
#6. Optionally uses Gift Of Life to rez itself in case of disaster (Should NOT need this if you chose a good location)
#7. Auto Login/Logout in case of Disconnect or Server Down/Server Up

Pros:
-Can always get a gate from a spawn if you're dead!
-Can always get a gate if you don't have a rune yourself!
-Never have to wait to get your character guilded!
-Never have to search for a red healer!

Cons:
-Requires a dedicated account 24/7
-Risky with verbal commands

Character Template:
120 Lore
120 Vet
115 Magery
115 Meditation
80 Spellweaving (minimum)
Whatever Else

I only wrote little snippets for some of the functions, a full rewrite from scratch would probably be better
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Bot
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 12:32:34 PM »
Will it be able to take text commands from UOAutomap also?  They show up in the journal and all like everything else, but would be nice that it isn't being said in alliance/guild chat :P

Offline redrum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • redrum has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
    • Myxproxy
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 12:43:47 PM »
awhile ago when i was playin our was done through UOAM for gating rezing was auto with human/pet

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 03:03:58 PM »
If i'm not mistaken, a GM can see automap messages in journals since it inserts itself into the journal. So there really wouldn't be any difference. It's probably best to have it AutoRez pets and people, but as for gating, you can make it a little less "Twinkle McNugget" by making the Command "gate to XXXXX" that way it's like you're talking to a guildmate and not commanding a script! lol
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 03:53:57 PM »
I haven't used this in a long time but remembered I had it. Hopefully you can just use that but I'm sure it wouldn't take you guys long to modify it a bit

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Bot.txt

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 05:05:19 PM »
This sounds like a great idea. The GM of the guild i am in has several accounts and every time some one needs something she is logging in one of them to to help people. So I think that the 24/7 use of an account would work great for this purpose.

Tags: