Author Topic: Hey Manwinc, I gotta know...  (Read 2509 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Hey Manwinc, I gotta know...
« on: July 17, 2010, 04:13:00 PM »
Did you MEAN for me to snort Perrier out my nose when you wrote this?

set %StupidNightshade False

Because it burns, and that's just mean...

:P

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Manwinc, I gotta know...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 04:28:17 PM »
Funny story behind that one.

I just finished my magnificent miner for my guildmate (niteshade) and his two brothers.
They kept getting caught and getting 3 day bans. Go figure when you run it 24/7 on a pretty busy scripting shard. Anywways he asked me to add in player detection into the script. And that variable was what I was using to toggle it off or on :)

If you look at most of my scripts you will find some humor.

If %mine > %yours

Hell in my miner/lumberjacker there is

Poop:

The section that drops things on the ground lol.

Thing I finally got busted in one of my scripts for being a little too dirty.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 08:17:52 PM »
I almost fell out of my chair when reading through one of Endless Night's scripts I found a sub that gives murder counts out to people who murder him.  I love funny coding.  I'm gonna start adding more to mine. :)

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 12:12:57 PM »
More fun in MWinc's miner are the %Biotch variables in his heal and escape subs.

M, speaking of that script, I have been thinking about ways to impliment an escape routine.

C2's farmer uses an insured rune in your pack with a label on it that the script looks for when you need to escape from a player attack.  Jebbit's just used a rune in your rune book that I always marked to a Trammie inn.  I am thinking that having your miner run away and engage a stay logged in routine for a time that varies between 30 and 40 minutes would probably be a perfect way to deal with folks hunting your miner..
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 03:40:09 PM »
Just have it emergency recall and skip that rune for a set timer... like 20 minutes.  That's what I did.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 07:18:54 AM »
That works if you are attacked away from your house for sure.  Is that already in 15.0?

I was getting killt at my porch dropping off last time, but I suppose that is rare.  I just moved because of it... 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Scrripty

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 09:33:18 AM »
That works if you are attacked away from your house for sure.  Is that already in 15.0?

I was getting killt at my porch dropping off last time, but I suppose that is rare.  I just moved because of it... 

I keep seeing an SL miner out and about, if I see him much more and don't know who it is, I'm gonna kill it on my com player. :) heh

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 09:45:23 AM »
I frequently run four of them on home shard, all in red and gold. 

-Mario Andretti

Tags: