Author Topic: defense ability with a mage wep and 120 magery... does dex matter in this case?  (Read 2588 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
so before i lower my dex i am wondering with a mage wep and the result of 120 magery as a wep skill  do i need higher dex like in parry.

for parry 70 or 80 dex is a must but how is it with mage weps.

do i really only need about 30 dex to resist curses?

so the question is does level of dex make your defense stronger with a mage wep and DCI on items.  not other skills in play.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:21:16 PM by _C2_ »

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure its based sheerly off weapon skill

5 + 45 * ( ws / 120 )

or something along those lines
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
The Mage Weapon property functions just like any other Combat skill so your DEXTERITY has no effect on your odds of being hit / hitting an opponent.

Offline draxxter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • draxxter has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
Yea, i have 10 dex on my mage-weapon character :) Dex plays no factor.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
The above posts are correct.  Quite some time ago I got confirmation on this exact subject from one of the old devs. 

When you are attacked, you first get a roll regarding skill related defenses (parry/bushido/etc).  If you have none of those type of skills, you obviously fail that check. Then the game rolls for your DCI chances versus your attackers skill related attack chances, and finally their HCI.  Quite obviously, the higher your DCI is, the better chance you have of winning this series of rolls.   

At no part of the equation does dex come into play.  Dex only affects swing rate, bandage rate, etc.

Hope this helps. :)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
The above posts are correct.  Quite some time ago I got confirmation on this exact subject from one of the old devs. 

When you are attacked, you first get a roll regarding skill related defenses (parry/bushido/etc).  If you have none of those type of skills, you obviously fail that check. Then the game rolls for your DCI chances versus your attackers skill related attack chances, and finally their HCI.  Quite obviously, the higher your DCI is, the better chance you have of winning this series of rolls.   

At no part of the equation does dex come into play.  Dex only affects swing rate, bandage rate, etc.

Hope this helps. :)

dex does affect parry skill

Offline draxxter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • draxxter has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
Ye it does affect parry. But parry is somewhat a secondary defense ability.

Tags: