Author Topic: Best Tame  (Read 3679 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Best Tame
« on: February 21, 2011, 03:30:40 AM »
I had a couple poor Greater Dragons and decided to look for something better. This is what I just got.

938 HP
600 Mana
635 Str
84/87/46/60/74 - That's 5 off max not counting cold.

When skills are fully trained:
121.0 Wrestling
105.8 Tactics
106.5 Resist
121.3 Magery

It scores a 4.4 on the tamer calc. Took me FOREVER to tame the stupid thing. I finally dual cliented and had a constant area peace going. This is kinda stupid. 120 Tame/Lore/Vet/Music/Peace char tried for over an hour and couldn't tame it. I bring in my char that needs jewelry to get to 120 Taming and he gets it first shot. Go figure.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Best Tame
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 08:14:45 AM »
Is that calculator even accurate.... I thought it was deemed flawed?

I thought Dragons that were released when GD's were introduced were stronger than the latter ones. Has that changed and now there are some good ones? Some of the skills on those early Dragons were extremely high.

I'll have to check mine but I rarely log onto any of my tamers these days. All I used to play was a tamer.

Toptwo and ST are the real experts when it comes to UO's familiars.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 08:20:23 AM »
Her calculator is flawed, but still works as a semi-guide.

See she goes on a 0 to Max scale for stuff....

Greater Dragons HPs are from 500 - 1000. If you have one with 900 HP's her scale shows that as 90%. That is NOT accurate. That (900 HP) would actually be 80% because 500 is the lowest it can be, NOT 0.

You can still use her tool to gauge the levels of pets though.

If you want to see how it's goofy, put in 0 for strength and then put in 1000 for strength (I think it was str....)
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 08:48:07 AM »
My favorite nightmare is 4.1 rated on the Pet Power Calculator -

Hit Points: 314
Str/Dex/Int: 511 / 125 / 125
Resists: 64 / 39 / 39 / 39 / 24

His life partner, a rune beetle, is a modest 4 stars.

Hit Points: 360
Str/Dex/Int: 453 / 149 / 414
Resists: 62 / 42 / 46 / 93 / 55

My best dragon is a 4, but I bought him (I hate taming greaters!).

Hit Points: 930
Str/Dex/Int: 633 / 125 / 560
Resists: 81 / 90 / 52 / 59 / 55

Skills:
Wrestling: 122.1
Tactics: 113.0
Resist: 100.0
Anatomy: 100.0
Healing: 0
Poisoning: 0
Magery: 122.3
Eval Int: 100.0
Meditation: 100.0

I think that part of the problem with the pet power calculator might be that she doesn't actually -know- the low end of the possible stat ranges for pets.

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 02:14:50 PM »
I look at Stats and Skill levels when taming.

So any greater with under 960 hit points I do not even bother.

Also I think its 144 skill points that give you over 120 skills. Resist is very important.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 08:22:40 AM »
Is that calculator even accurate.... I thought it was deemed flawed?

I thought Dragons that were released when GD's were introduced were stronger than the latter ones. Has that changed and now there are some good ones? Some of the skills on those early Dragons were extremely high.

I'll have to check mine but I rarely log onto any of my tamers these days. All I used to play was a tamer.

Toptwo and ST are the real experts when it comes to UO's familiars.

I know a few of my guildies have GD's with 1000+ hps and they have told me that you cannot get this anymore.  Something to do with curse or blessing....who knows as there is more bugs and "features" then I shall ever know about.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 06:33:45 AM »
I've never really farmed with greater dragons.

Last night I took this beasty out to a mini-boss. Man, what a dragon.

Surrounded by level 3 and 4 spawn and this dragon didn't go below 80% health. I never had to heal it. The mini boss was silly easy. I can't wait till it's fully trained. I'm going to be taking it out quite a bit now.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 06:39:22 AM »
I look at Stats and Skill levels when taming.

So any greater with under 960 hit points I do not even bother.

HP's aren't as important as Resists.

At 938 HP's, 83 Physical resist means being able to absorb 5518 damage.
At 938 HP's, 84 Physical resist means being able to absorb 5863 damage.

That's an increase of 345 damage just for 1 resist point. Which would be the equivalent of 59 Hit points.

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 05:01:36 AM »
I totally agree.  I go for resists, STR, and Skills.  Still farming to try and get that 120 wrestle, mage, tact, resist.  If they can "absorb" more damage, they don't lose HP as fast.  Which is why it's all preference really.  People just want that biggest number on their stats.

Tags: