Author Topic: Questions about Lumberjacking...  (Read 6164 times)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Questions about Lumberjacking...
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 11:13:21 AM »
Too much setup.  1 rune for an area, random movement, 3 runes for Tram, 5 for Fel.  Dishes=done.  I used to mess with the recall lumberlackers back in my evil days.  I could always tell who's script was used.  J4bs was used mostly because it was the most obvious.  But in the end they all failed for the same reason when I was on the beat.  ;)  Within 30 minutes, I could shut down someones lumberjacking operation.  Really why I did the beetlejacker was from my own experience killing the scripts of others.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 12:29:45 PM »
Player scanning should always be ran for those who have access to monitor scripts.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 02:51:51 PM »
Player scanning should always be ran for those who have access to monitor scripts.

LOL for those who have access
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 03:06:06 PM »
for those who have access
LoL or for those who write their own..

I'm also well aware of TM's Beetle Jacker etc.. but the idea of it being "Less likely" to be identified as a script made me chuckle.  ANYTHING in the game can be scripted so regardless of what action is being performed it's usually not hard to figure out if it's scripted.  I do think that a combo of Recall / BeetleJacking seems like a good place to start though.  Anyway I'll have to play around & see.    I'm really just looking for bark fragments though (Making HW armor), but I'm still uncertain if that's one of the "special" resources that's effected by being an ELF etc.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 03:56:38 PM »
Heh, well since I've been a saboteur of scripts for a long time, I've learned to know what looks "script-like" and what doesn't.  Sure anything can be scripted, but when you try and put some life into scripts to deceive evil people like me, then you have something special.

For me, if you can make it "move" differently, less predictably,  more human-like, then you can really throw off anyone.  So when I was doing the pathfinding in the beetlejacker, I made sure a different path would be taken each time, but still cover the same area.  Also the movement is very fluid and not jerky.  So for the casual observer, it looks like someone is out running around chopping wood, and not recalling from tree to tree for some reason, especially if that tree is 5 spaces away from the last one.  ;)

But because of that, I've pulled in 10s of millions of logs without a single GM page.  I've been caught macroing 20 times for skill, but magically not one from resource gathering, although I was nearly jailed for the heartwood quester.  But that's one of those scripts that "Screams" scripting just because you have a blue beetle in heartwood.  Not much effort was put into concealing that task.

My zoo donator is a funny one.  I analyzed how I kinda "spazzed" out when I was hunting for those stupid unicorns.  So sometimes I was running, sometimes I was walking, etc.  So my script mimics my spazzy gameplay.  heh
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 04:05:09 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: