Author Topic: New to UOS  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Mustang58lxTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mustang58lx has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New to UOS
« on: January 20, 2020, 02:04:59 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm a returning player to UO that's been away for over a decade! I started playing UO in 1999 through 2004. I recently have come back after more than a decade of being away and have been enjoying it!

So many things have changed since the beginning of UO until now.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: New to UOS
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 03:03:06 PM »

A Very Warm Welcome!

Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughfull introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more!

Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the sticked examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a four or five paragraphs will pay off with this community!

(Use a translator program if you feel you can not write in english.)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 03:29:19 PM »
I've been away for a few days but here is more about me.

I started playing UO in 1999 whith a 56k modem and eventually talk my mom into getting HSI. having high speed internet made it so much better! All kinds of aspects of the game became easier and more enjoyable to play. I had a lot of fun PvPing and being in a faction. When WOW came out many of my friends left UO to go play it but i held out for several month and then I quit in 2004 and started playing WOW with them. WOW was a fun game but I always missed UO and hated that I let my 2 18x18 houses decay and lost all the items I had collected. I tried a couple other MMO's over the years but always thought back to UO and how I liked it so much, that was probably because it was my first MMO. Recently a Friend of mine told me they knew someone that played UO and that it was still around. I did some googling and couldn't believe it was still around and that people still played it! I managed to get my old accounts back and play the free way for a bit. I have switched over to paying to play and am getting acustomed to all the new changes. I even purchased ToL expansion and the water one.

I remember scripting way back and creating a script to attack a monster we had locked in with hay bales in the tower. it would attack it and heal myself when needed and step away if my health was to low. These scripts are way more advanced than that one was i created back then and look forward to trying some out.

Thanks for letting me join!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 03:31:58 PM »

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 04:02:07 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 02:07:50 PM »
Welcome back to UO and to the SUO community.   

You should find something for you need,  enjoy the search button

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 06:42:48 AM »
welcome to scriptuo...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 12:50:49 PM »
Thanks everyone!  I have found some useful items already!

Tags: