Author Topic: Is anyone using FluentUO?  (Read 11155 times)

Offline iamwinTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • iamwin has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Is anyone using FluentUO?
« on: May 23, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »
Just wondering... how many people are using FluentUO?

Also wondering, if you're not... why aren't you?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 09:32:45 AM by iamwin »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Is anyone using FluentUO?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:43:47 AM »
OEUO is a blessing for the script authoring community, but for the average neophyte script runner, Lua is just way over most of their heads.  I'm sure when Cheffe can come full-circle with OEUO and the UI stuff, that'll spawn a much needed increase in the interest of OEUO and wonderful projects like FluentUO.  It certainly will get me going again.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:45:08 AM »
This is the first I've ever heard of FluentUO.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline iamwinTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • iamwin has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:58:41 AM »
This is the first I've ever heard of FluentUO.
project page:
http://fluentuo.googlecode.com

and on the EasyUO forums:
http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43289

It's pretty powerful, and I think not many people know about it. For instance, you can make a potion chugging script with one line:
Code: [Select]
Backpack().WithType(potion).First.Use()
The finditem code has built in property parsing and is completely object oriented. The items/mobiles returned from the queries are tables that are "intelligent", so it won't try to query properties on an object until you try to access them. For instance, the script below would calculate how much LRC and LMC you were currently wearing:
Code: [Select]
local equipment = Equipment().Items
local lrc, lmc = 0, 0
for i=1,#equipment do
   lrc = lrc + (equipment[i].Property.LowerReagentCost or 0)
   lmc = lmc + (equipment[i].Property.LowerManaCost or 0)
end

print("LRC -> "..lrc.." LMC->"..lmc)

OEUO is a blessing for the script authoring community, but for the average neophyte script runner, Lua is just way over most of their heads.  I'm sure when Cheffe can come full-circle with OEUO and the UI stuff, that'll spawn a much needed increase in the interest of OEUO and wonderful projects like FluentUO.  It certainly will get me going again.
So I suppose this is a question for the script authoring community, because FluentUO is awesome.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 11:24:26 PM »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 04:20:38 AM »
Ahh, shows how out of the loop I am. I didn't realize that it was related to OEUO. Definitely some catching up for me to do, especially if OEUO ever takes off.

Although I'm inclined to spend more time looking at Stealth if I decide to get back into things a little more. Maybe that will change if OEUO ever gets traction.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 04:44:52 AM »
It really is an ingenious set of functions.  Snicker's code is always first rate as well. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 05:03:09 AM »
It really is an ingenious set of functions.  Snicker's code is always first rate as well. 
Of course, there are some Librarys from Snickers and ximan who are out of world. But when i look how they do it iam sure they have more informations than cheffe officially provide.

But as in reality as example for Graphics.. Some guys wrote filters to redefine the details of Games such high, that it looks like real, but noone yet have terabytes of Harddrive Space to run this or 64-128GB Ram to store the Data. As Casual User of course:)

Tags: