Author Topic: Hello UO.. I'm back !  (Read 1829 times)

Offline kubismTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • kubism has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello UO.. I'm back !
« on: February 22, 2011, 02:53:46 AM »
Hello fellow UO players.. I'm back !

I started playing UO back in the T2A days.. I remember going to my friends house, seeing this odd " online " game that you had to pay to play.. and was very hard. After spending about an hour watching my friend doing nothing but standing around decorating his house, I decided to give this game a try.. and bow I was hooked ! I remember opening the box and the cloth map that came with the game !

Back in the days on Baja, we would run around in Jhelom, sparring with each other and guild mates to gain skill, and the most fun being the all out wars that we had with the other guilds. I recall when Felucca was the only facet, and you could steal anything you see. This made the game very hard as you could loose all your belongings to a PVP if u were'nt paying attention.My fondest memories was when my friends and I once stood outside a rival guild's house invised, waited for them to return from a hunt, killed them, and looted thier house. This of course, is no longer possible under the new " noob " friendly clients.

It's been atealst 8 years since I last logged into UO, I've tried almost all the MMO's out there ( WOW, FFXIV, Everquest, Lineage, etc ) but none came close to the fun I've had in UO. After having a convesration about UO with my old friend, I decided to fire up my account and give it another go !

Although UO is no longer the same game I remembered, its still fun to play. I spend my days running around learning the new expansion areas, and figuring out what chars to build next,. I often find myself going back to what love best, stealing artifacts and fishing ! Since my old builds are no longer viable, I've decidede to make new chars based on the new bushido skillset. I'm also loving the new fishing DLC that was added, the new ship cannons are pretty awesome. Hopefully soon ater I build up my new chars, I can jump back into the action and join my fellow guildmates in hunting down the new bosses !

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hello UO.. I'm back !
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 03:38:16 AM »
Thanks for the well thought out intro, welcome to SUO! Restricted status is lifted.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 04:35:26 AM »
Welcome to the site! It's always nice to hear from the classic (Pre-AoS) players!!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 05:48:32 AM »
Welcome!!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
Welcome to the site. It is awesome remembering what UO used to be like. We just have to accept it as it is now and reember the good ole days.

Tags: