Author Topic: Ok, so I got me a new shiny PS3. Now what?  (Read 11917 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Ok, so I got me a new shiny PS3. Now what?
« on: April 17, 2010, 07:07:32 PM »
+1
There's a zillion games out there.  I'm digging the internet connectivity and multiplayer.  Also digging the connectivity because I can finally patch buggy games.  Good bye, Mr. PS2.

I'm replacing my PS2 GH games with used PS3 games fairly quickly.  So what other games out there are really "MUST HAVES"?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Ok, so I got me a new shiny PS3. Now what?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 09:27:29 PM »
+1
BTW, I've been playing Bioshock on the PS3 today.  What a wicked game!  Pretty fun as well
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 02:03:01 AM »
+1
Have you played around with the HTPC-like features yet? ie streaming, netflix, etc?

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 04:51:10 AM »
+1
If you like any sports you could always buy a copy of that to play online. Besides that, FPS is where its at! :D

I only play comp, but I have a PS3. I play Team Fortress 2 on it as well as NCAA Football. I'm thinking of getting an NHL game to play online too.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 09:26:03 AM »
+1
Have you played around with the HTPC-like features yet? ie streaming, netflix, etc?

X

Well now I have 2 systems capable of Netflix with my Series3 TiVo.  I've got that base covered.  ;)
If you like any sports you could always buy a copy of that to play online. Besides that, FPS is where its at! :D

I only play comp, but I have a PS3. I play Team Fortress 2 on it as well as NCAA Football. I'm thinking of getting an NHL game to play online too.

I'm so used to FPS gaming on the PC, so it's kinda hard to getting used to the interface of the controller.  I miss the mouse/keyboard combination.  So I spend most of the time looking down at my feet while the bad guys are beating me sensless with a pipe.  lol

As for sports games, I just never got into that genre.  I suppose I should give that at try since I also swore I'd never play platform music simulators like Guitar Hero.  lol.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 10:00:54 AM »
+1
I'm with ya with FPS on the computer. I'm used to the mouse and keyboard.

BTW, Guitar Hero is such a weird game. It's so fun to play. Yet, at the end you feel as if you accomplished nothing.

"Hey dude, I just got a perfect score on guitar hero."

"Oh yeah? You should try out for a band."

"Oh yeah, I don't really know how to play guitar."

:D

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 10:40:44 AM »
+1
BTW, Guitar Hero is such a weird game. It's so fun to play. Yet, at the end you feel as if you accomplished nothing.

Oh man, I used to be the worst at giving people a hard time about the music simulators.  Dootndoo here is my R/L nephew and when I'd catch him playing papparappa, I was ruthless with my condemnation of the sheer waste of time he was involved with.  Little did I know they were so much fun.  Waste of time yes, but isn't just about all those games everywhere?  ;)

If you said you just killed 100 orcs without dying to a stranger without any contextual reference, you're likely to be picked up and taken to the insane asylum.  (assuming Comicon isn't currently in session.) heheh.  I personally have never actually KILLED an orc, however my girlfriend is as tall as a garden gnome.  She has a tee-shirt that says, "I'm not short, I'm FUN SIZED" with a picture of a garden gnome.  It's priceless!  Thankfully she is fun and not crazy!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 11:07:18 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 10:53:04 AM »
+1
You've never killed a real life orc? Oh man, you don't know what you're missing! haha

I'm currently dealing with a stalker. It's scary.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 11:06:29 AM »
+1
You've never killed a real life orc? Oh man, you don't know what you're missing! haha

I dealt with a stalker also, so my best goes out to you for that.  It wasn't the most fun I've had in my life for sure.  Nearly a 2 year ordeal.  Restraining orders really don't help very much if someone is determined.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 11:11:56 AM »
+1

I dealt with a stalker also, so my best goes out to you for that.  It wasn't the most fun I've had in my life for sure.  Nearly a 2 year ordeal.  Restraining orders really don't help very much if someone is determined.

TM!!!!! You said you wouldn't tell anyone!  :(
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 11:14:08 AM »
+1
TM!!!!! You said you wouldn't tell anyone!  :(

ROFL!  I LIED!!  :p
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 11:15:59 AM »
+1

Ah man, please give me advice. I've contemplated changing my number, but I doubt that will work. I've basically quit talking to this person for about 2-3 months now. They just continue...and continue...and never stop. What finally made yours stop?

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 11:18:07 AM »
+1
He moved to California  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 11:29:07 AM »
+1
He moved to California  ;)

:'(

Trailmyx, you need a roomie?  :D haha

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 12:48:05 PM »
+1
Ah man, please give me advice. I've contemplated changing my number, but I doubt that will work. I've basically quit talking to this person for about 2-3 months now. They just continue...and continue...and never stop. What finally made yours stop?

PM sent.  Batten the hatches, you may be in for a long long ride...  I hope my advice will help.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:55:01 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: