Poll

Should triploid rainbow trout count towards rainbow trout state/world records?

Triploids are Rainbows
0 (0%)
Triploids are their own species
13 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Triploid Trout  (Read 11585 times)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Triploid Trout
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 07:52:34 PM »
Doesn't seem fair to count 'em for trophies.

Wonder how they taste...

:)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Triploid Trout
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 04:06:20 AM »
They taste just great. Can't tell the difference.

One of the best trout spots in Washington was "discovered" a few years ago. It'd been a long time hide away for serious fishermen who knew the trick.

Now they even have guides. Oh well.... It's Rufus Woods, a reservoir behind Chief Joseph? dam on the Columbia River. There's some fish pens there with feeders. These wild trout (trips mostly) just hover under the pens waiting for food pellets to fall through.

The lure of choice? A pellet colored fly of course. Guys get 4+ pounders regularly.

Where there was once a challenging spot to get to and fish, now has a boat landing, some sites, and I believe there's a bathroom.

Oh well, least they haven't commercialized my secret spots. Hopefully they are still there when I get back.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: