Author Topic: I don't know if i dare ask...  (Read 5339 times)

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
I don't know if i dare ask...
« on: June 10, 2008, 03:20:59 PM »
but why did J4BBER all of a sudden kill UOCoders for the second time?  Just a curiosity question.  Thanks..
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline solitude

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • solitude has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: I don't know if i dare ask...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 03:29:03 PM »
I wasn't around when he killed it the first time I suppose, but I also am curious as to why it happened all of the sudden. It didn't seem gradual or anything, just more like a "screw this" and this poof it went. I'm kinda heartbroken too. I thought I had found a damn good community to belong to. After I left askchopper in a not so "blaze of glory" for HYG I didn't think I would be able to find that again.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 03:35:20 PM »
Well, really coders was on life support for a while since Cerveza and I took it over.  He was really completely done with UO, and perhaps this was just the last bit of it he needed to get rid of.  I can't say I agree with his methods, however.  It impacted a lot of good people as well as leechers.  I'm sure there's many angry people out there who enjoyed the community and now mourn its loss.

Hopefully between this site and Winuo.org, we can bring back some of that community without it being a competition or a personal vendetta. I'm on freddy's site and he's on mine.

I'm here just because I love to script and I like chatting with other people who love to script.  I don't have any other agenda aside from my little "program"  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »
I understand that he wanted to get away from UO... but maybe he just figured it wasn't worth paying for VB when he himself no longer played or wanted to support anything UO.  It just sucked because i wasn't able to pull some of my projects off of there where i had some people's comments that i was in the middle of processing into my scripts.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 03:41:31 PM »
I understand that he wanted to get away from UO... but maybe he just figured it wasn't worth paying for VB when he himself no longer played or wanted to support anything UO.  It just sucked because i wasn't able to pull some of my projects off of there where i had some people's comments that i was in the middle of processing into my scripts.

Yes, if you were a contributor over there, chances are you did loose some information.  I'd love to be able to retrieve that for you guys, but I lost my admin card.  ;)

p.s. I did check the google caches, and they are pretty bare since we implemented more heightened access restrictions.  So we can't use that.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 06:37:22 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 08:32:12 PM »
Well, really coders was on life support for a while since Cerveza and I took it over.  He was really completely done with UO, and perhaps this was just the last bit of it he needed to get rid of.  I can't say I agree with his methods, however.  It impacted a lot of good people as well as leechers.  I'm sure there's many angry people out there who enjoyed the community and now mourn its loss.

Hopefully between this site and Winuo.org, we can bring back some of that community without it being a competition or a personal vendetta. I'm on freddy's site and he's on mine.

I'm here just because I love to script and I like chatting with other people who love to script.  I don't have any other agenda aside from my little "program"  ;)

and the program is big pimpin' at that

Tags: