Author Topic: UO Bugs, none listed here, just a general offer of my expertise.  (Read 6838 times)

Offline solitudeTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • solitude has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
UO bores me in more ways than I can begin to express. Something about thieves being pretty much useless and being able to fight naked etc. So I am volenteering my expertise at bug testing the bugs that nobody else really wants to. If you have a bug that for some reason would need a vet account, large amounts of gold, specific housing, or something that you think might work, but don't want to try it because you really think it will pretty much get you perma banned, then as long as it meats the requirements below. Shoot it over to me and let me know.

The requirements:

It needs to be fun, if its useless and boring don't give it to me.
If its useless, but fun, then I'll take it on.

I don't want dupes or money making bugs, if you know one, do yourself a favor and keep it to yourself.

If it can get me banned, hell yes! I had so many accounts banned working for AC that I lost count, I love chatting with GM's before they finally get fed up and kick/ban me from the game.

If the bug needs a script to work, and you can't write it, just give me the details and I'll script it myself. I'm not the best, but I'm decent at making EasyUO do what I want it to when the need arises.

--------------------------------------
Oh, and sorry if I'm not supposed to talk about bugs, but the general section looked like a decent place to put this, because there is no official bug forum, just bugs for the actual scriptuo program. I went to uocoders(RIP) to post this yesterday and alas its death had already happened. Hope everybody from there will come to be here, maybe J4bber will at least post a link to here from there?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: UO Bugs, none listed here, just a general offer of my expertise.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 03:45:01 PM »
really you should take that to winuo.org.  I'm not really a big bug person so I'm trying to concentrate on the whole scripting thing.  But no worries for talking about it.  Just don't scam!  :p
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 03:48:39 PM »
I didn't know about winuo.org until I just saw your post in another thread. I think I will take it there heh, but the offer is still open here. I love scripting, just more on the scripting for bugs side.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 03:59:52 PM »
Much appreciated, sol.  You can pretty much talk about anything UO-related here.  I just really hate scammers.  It's a peeve.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 04:05:53 PM »
Yeh, I don't do scams or item drop scripts. I use to when I first got into UO, but that was when I was about 15 or 16 somewhere in there. I do however still enjoy stealing, or did. They ruined that with insurance.  :'(

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 04:11:30 PM »
Oh man, I loved stealing in UO at one point. Actually, that's one kind of scamming I didn't mind too much because people were using the mechanics of the game to do it.  I remember on time when I was on Napa and there was a pair of guys taking interviews with a "camera" and "microphone" They would ask you to step closer to the microphone while the hidden 3rd person would steal you blind while you'd be "interviewed" Classic.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 04:16:28 PM »
I miss stealing soo much!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 05:02:54 PM »
I played a thief/mage I would still the main regs and let the gankage ensue. I would also talk people into coming to fel brit bank to make trades and steal them blind there also. So many memories..

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 05:05:34 PM »
I played a thief/mage I would still the main regs and let the gankage ensue. I would also talk people into coming to fel brit bank to make trades and steal them blind there also. So many memories..

You know it's been a long time since I've done anything stealing related.  Is it totally nerfed, or is there still some fun to be had?
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 05:08:54 PM »
Nah man its totally screwed. I mess around sometimes and steal small retarded useless items, but thats about it. I have a thief in factions that I steal sigils and run around as a purple wolf when I am really bored. Thats pretty much all I do as a matter of fact now, in UO. PvP doesn't interest me as much as it use too, I just like annoying people now.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 01:33:34 PM »
I didn't know about winuo.org until I just saw your post in another thread. I think I will take it there heh, but the offer is still open here. I love scripting, just more on the scripting for bugs side.

Oh, you'd love my orange cloth generator then. :)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 12:12:50 AM »
I had a small one I wrote a while back, but deleted it after I quit for the 1000th time. UO is kinda like quitting smoking. Its off and on.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 03:23:28 AM »
no kidding.  I've never really quit; I've always had a main account that I've paid for since the beginning.  But I've let it go unplayed for months at a time.  Then there have been times, especially in my IDOC days when I'd have 5 paid accounts to hold all the houses back in the day when you couldn't place a house anywhere on a shard.  Those were crazy days; I miss that.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: