Author Topic: Your favorite castle placement locations  (Read 11667 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Your favorite castle placement locations
« on: August 07, 2017, 07:41:27 PM »
+1
So I'm in the process of looking for another location to place a castle.  I'm bursting the seams of my present one, so I need to put another down. 

In your past, what's been the best locations you've ever had or can recall seeing one?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite castle placement locations
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 02:56:22 AM »
+1
Let be honest here,  Castle location a pick by what available.   In your case of RB the land is still open.    So a place near a town/moongate is always nice.   Not having monster around the house is also nice so no need to fight when u recall home.   So like to be far away so the can script away.  Do you have a red player, so maybe Fel land is not a option.  You, lot of answer.      :angel:

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 03:21:18 AM »
+1
So I'm in the process of looking for another location to place a castle.  I'm bursting the seams of my present one, so I need to put another down. 

In your past, what's been the best locations you've ever had or can recall seeing one?

always locations where other player could not place anything. Or hidden spots from that malas runes.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 05:24:47 AM »
+1
I've been racking my brain trying to remember the "cool" spots, or just some place that would be cool.  I'm all for the low spawn, close to moongate types of places.  But there are places that one just kinda forget about.  Take north of Minoc.  Totally forget about that place.  On OSI it makes for a really kinda nice place, but RunUO the spawn is kinda harsh for gentle resource scripters like myself.  But since I never exit my castle, that might not be an issue.  Also Ice Island is another place I forget about.

Didn't know there was a hidden Malas spot that's castle compatible....  I need to check into that.  :)  I just hate Malas with the energy of 1000 suns.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 06:39:42 AM »
+1
I've been racking my brain trying to remember the "cool" spots, or just some place that would be cool.  I'm all for the low spawn, close to moongate types of places.  But there are places that one just kinda forget about.  Take north of Minoc.  Totally forget about that place.  On OSI it makes for a really kinda nice place, but RunUO the spawn is kinda harsh for gentle resource scripters like myself.  But since I never exit my castle, that might not be an issue.  Also Ice Island is another place I forget about.

Didn't know there was a hidden Malas spot that's castle compatible....  I need to check into that.  :)  I just hate Malas with the energy of 1000 suns.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Also loved were Islands with a beach ;-)

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 07:41:34 AM »
+1
Fel-side Marble Island was somewhere I always wanted a castle. That was when I did a TON of spawns though. Now I prefer waterfront, no spawn on the mainland.

I don't care how close I am to a moongate, town or dungeon. Crystal portals and runes make those easy enough to get to.

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cybercasper has no influence.
  • Respect: +41
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 10:54:01 AM »
+1
I know a cool place but not sure u are able to place there. i believe it was open to a raffle but the for the is north of luna across the bridge. it is a big open area and i dont believe they have any spawn. also another cool place which i dont know if u can place would be outside of vesper in those big open grass fields that are east of vesper.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 02:19:35 PM »
+1
That's what I'm talking about.  Kinda forgot about that open space outside Vesper (Both North and West).
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 12:32:00 AM »
+1
Yes those are nice places. I haven't really seen to many more amazing spots in all my idocs years but maybe even marble island might be a good idea as well.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 06:50:36 AM »
+1
I remember back in the day the north Vesper spots really seemed to be the most prized.  That's where I always spent the majority of my time and would always drool over that real estate.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 07:18:17 AM »
+1
Yes it was prime time about 30 sec from town and bank. The spot I was talking about might actually been in town though. It is in the football field looking place east of vesper. But yeah if it was me I'd do the one right North of it bc it is probably closer. If you want later on I can try and get on an show you the spot I'm talking about if you don't know for sure.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 04:03:34 PM »
+1
I don't know about freeshards but that spot is in the guardzone and was given away as a prize on each shard. Many are gone now though and cannot be re-placed.

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 11:12:30 PM »
+1
yes thats what i was thinking it was sometype of raffle. actually that one and the one in north luna across the bridge was the same way i believe. but TM might have a special priv that  we dont on rebirth :)

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 05:14:52 PM »
+1
Well I guess we can't say the castle I placed in Green Acres huh?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 06:45:06 AM »
+1
Well I guess we can't say the castle I placed in Green Acres huh?

I can.  :)  But Crome and Tidus might become vexxed with me.  hehe

You, my friend, are a naughty boy for that.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 06:47:12 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: