Author Topic: magic arrow requires a relic?  (Read 3067 times)

Offline baldielocksTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
magic arrow requires a relic?
« on: June 02, 2010, 03:03:11 PM »
Okay,  :o, I have no idea why this would be. Am I missing something?

Also, has anyone heard / verified anything about hit lightning breaking slayers (especially undead)? Heard on my shard that it might, but am still unclear on it.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: magic arrow requires a relic?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 04:23:31 PM »
I've never heard anything of the sort.

Only thing weird i've noticed is that the lightning special with a magical shortbow negates consecrate weapon.....
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline nisha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • nisha has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 03:57:31 AM »
Not heard anything about this, however I did test it and no damage difference between a slayer+lightning and just a slayer.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 04:06:01 AM »
Been around for years. I first noticed it on bows, certain specials or effects really reduced the amount of damage done per blow.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 03:39:57 PM »
Thanks for the info all. And for the testing Nisha! :D

Any ideas on magic arrow requiring a relic?

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 03:48:52 PM »
Any ideas on magic arrow requiring a relic?
Yup it do.
Here is the ingredients list at stratics.
http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=31013
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 10:22:26 PM »
That is why I asked. Didnt / isnt magic arrow the weakest of the on hits? SO why a relic? Am I missing something? Everything else but lightning requires no relic. :-[

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 10:20:22 AM »
I am not sure I understand the posts on this thread and wonder if you guys can dumb down a couple of the commments you made for me:

MWinc
Only thing weird i've noticed is that the lightning special with a magical shortbow negates consecrate weapon.....

Are you saying that if you add lighting to a magical shortbow, that having consecrate weapon up no longer works, or that it turns it off on your target? Do you mean the special attack "lightning Arrow", or the property "Hit Lightning"?

Cerv:
Been around for years. I first noticed it on bows, certain specials or effects really reduced the amount of damage done per blow.

Presumably you mean these specials on your bow reduce the amount of damage that you do.  Can you elaborate at all? I would be curious to know what weapons/specials/properties this affects.

Nisha:
Not heard anything about this, however I did test it and no damage difference between a slayer+lightning and just a slayer.

What did you test exactly?  Magical shortbow using the "lightning arrow" special? Something else?
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 10:26:48 AM »
Honestly I don't remember which specials would reduce damage.... I know back in the "bows suck" era I was actually using a test client that I got from a Dev to try.... I was kinda an Archer advocate on the old Stratics. Heck my Stratics alias is even thanked in the Archer thread :P

I was doing TONS of testing... stuff like move and shoot etc. There was a bug that made you miss the first shot when you stopped. I was actually the one to discover and report it for fix.

If your shooting something a LOT and you have perfection and EOO and stuff going, you'll see an average of damages, then notice when a spell damage shot goes off. You'll get both damages, but the BASE shot will be reduced dramatically. They never did figure it out (or even get around to trying to figure it out). I'm thinking it was with all magical attacks with all weapons. Somehow it goes back to base damage without one side (the 100% from items, or the 300% from stuff) doing it's additional damage.

I *KNOW* that Frenzied WW was goofed up like this. The first thing you hit would take full damage then all the others would take damage as though you were using wrestling instead of a weapon.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 12:36:42 PM »
Paul, I think the one tester quite from Nisha was regarding melee weps, not bows. Which is the area I had concern with.

Cervesa, thanks for the info regarding archery. Training it (again), so will keep an eye out for it.

Tags: