Author Topic: Disco  (Read 3946 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Disco
« on: February 22, 2010, 08:59:08 AM »
I recently trained it up on a char and some people were asking exactly how I worked it.

First off. I started the char with 49 Discord. I also had a ring +13 and a bracelet +13.

I started by putting a large boat off the coast of Skara. You can use anywhere to do this.

I marked a rune just across the bridge in Ter Mur where the Lowland and Ruddy Boura spawn. It's due East from the city, follow the road to the North East a bit and you'll hit a bridge. I marked my rune right where the road has that little grass space in it. Far enough away from spawn to keep a tamed Boura alive if I have to drop one off.

Then I put my Discorder on the boat. I had my tamer get 2 boura (2 slot animals) at a time. Then the Discorder would reverse gate from the boat to Ter Mur. My tamer would come through with the 2 boura and release them on the boat.

I was using _C2_'s Funky Music Trainer found on our site HERE which does a great job of going through all the targets, then either invis or hide to break Discord and start over.

*NOTE* You must add Boura's to the creature list. The item type is LZ

By varying the jewelry, I was able to take disco well into the 80's. When I noticed gains slow significantly, I had a boura BBQ and moved onto my next targets. *(BTW, I had over 50 Boura on the boat... more targets means more time using disco and less Invis/Hide time). Their meat is surprising tender.

If you go through Spirituality Moongate in Ilsh, then go due North through the champ spawn area... there's an Inn or tavern or something up there. Keep going north past that and you hit a mountain. Follow the mountain to the West and you'll hit a spider cave. Go through the spider cave and you come into a clearing with a teleporter. Go through that teleporter and you end up at Reg Volom, Home of the Spiritual Wing.

You can get on the roof of the building there. One note: have positive karma... or the Ethereal Warrior's might not appreciate you hanging around.

I then used a slightly modified version of THIS SCRIPT. What I modified was the movement stuff. I put in my Move to a Semi Random Spot mover followed by an "event pathfind" to the exact location. You don't really need to do this, I was being a little paranoid about being unattended and the randomized paths make it look less scripted.

I ran that rooftop Discorder overnight and was at my desired 94.0 skill. I could have run it all the way to 120, I know this because it's the same script I used on my Pac Discorder when I trained it years ago.

So there you go. In my case I only needed 94 skill (+26 Jewelry) so it took me 2 days.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 09:05:32 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Disco
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 09:07:06 AM »
Thanks for the info Cerv.  This will be my next project I think.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:51:55 PM »
I've been meaning to train up a discord protector...I'll have to actually get around to doing it now!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline XvpX

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • XvpX is looked down upon.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 11:58:24 AM »
I just started using disco. It is a rathter useful skill IMO.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »
I just started using disco. It is a rathter useful skill IMO.

As far as PvM goes it's the most powerful skill in the game bar none.

My favorite quote on Discordance and it's not mine ...I wish it was.

"Turns Balrons into Mongbats". And it's not far from the truth.

Anyone who hasn't experienced the power of disco is missing out on some good stuff. With it you can provoke Top Tier monsters into battle against each other and watch the fireworks.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 08:51:12 PM »
Mmmm, Balrongbats!  hehhehhee
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 04:49:12 AM »
Love my discord tamer and have toyed with a discord dexer at times

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 07:47:30 AM »
I've recently put together two Disco Archers in Assassin Suits. With the combination of honor, EoO and discordance and 100DI they can deal out some serious damage and extremely fast.  

There's all kinds of interesting templates you can use discordance with. Next on the list is a mystic Bard...got paid yesterday so I'm gonna have to finally upgrade one of the accounts.

Anyone have any thoughts on Mysticism? Is that rising Colossus a world beater?

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 10:24:14 AM »
So I think I'm gonna make a discord protector that can also follow me around(hidden) and heal and/or peace

115 Magery
105 Meditation
100 Musicianship
100 Discordance
100 Peacemaking
100 Hiding
100 Stealth

jewels would have everything to get me up to 120's in music,peace,discord
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 10:33:49 AM »
You mean something like THIS

Apologies to those unable to view the link.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 01:05:18 PM »
IAnyone have any thoughts on Mysticism? Is that rising Colossus a world beater?

I chain despise a lot. One guy uses Rising Colossus while the rest of us use mages or an archer... Barracoon dispels the RC so fast it's ridiculous. I can't speak on how well it does on the other champs. I'll try a different spawn tonight and let you know the results.

Tags: