Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Publish and Patch today  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
[UO Herald News] Publish and Patch today
« on: August 07, 2014, 03:51:02 AM »
Publish and Patch today

Posted by Bonnie Armstrong | 2014 Aug 06 21:11 -0400 GMT Good afternoon,, We are putting out a new client patch which should fix the Japaense cliloc errors tonight .  All servers will receive a publish during their normal maintenance hours to change the way the 14th Anniversary Shard Shields function.  They will now only allow transfers once every […]

http://uo2.stratics.com/posts/47234

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Publish and Patch today
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 07:50:12 AM »
Posted by Bonnie Armstrong | 2014 Aug 06 21:11 -0400 GMT
Good afternoon,,

We are putting out a new client patch which should fix the Japaense cliloc errors tonight .  All servers will receive a publish during their normal maintenance hours to change the way the 14th Anniversary Shard Shields function.  They will now only allow transfers once every 2 weeks.  You will see a disturbance in Character transfers until all shards get the same server version.

Thanks everyone!

UO Team

I'm surprised no one has commented yet. There's a big ol' poo storm on Stratics.

It appears that you can transfer character A from Shard 1 then have to wait two weeks to go back. But you could use character B to transfer to Shard 2 in the 24 hours time frame. Make sense? What's the point?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 09:33:09 AM »
The point was to try to prevent people from Jumping from one shard to the next doing VvV and doing Events. But even then it seems like its pissing off more people than that would of.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 04:24:08 AM »
WTF?!  That is horrible.

(What is VvV tho?)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 04:32:32 AM »
Virtue VS Vice, replaces the current faction system I believe. http://stratics.com/community/threads/in-concept-virtue-vs-vice.301505/

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 10:56:04 AM »
Virtue VS Vice, replaces the current faction system I believe. http://stratics.com/community/threads/in-concept-virtue-vs-vice.301505/

Yep.

Also if you haven't seen, Mesanna posted that they are going to revert the 2 week timer change.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 05:09:21 PM »

Yep.

Also if you haven't seen, Mesanna posted that they are going to revert the 2 week timer change.

Much better, thank you for that info!

Tags: