Author Topic: VirtualBox and Seamless mode  (Read 5147 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
VirtualBox and Seamless mode
« on: March 15, 2009, 10:59:06 PM »
VirtualBox (well VMware too) has a mode of operation called "Seamless".  In this mode, it integrates the desktop of your guest and host OS into one system.  It makes most sense if you have a guest OS that's different that the host.  For my example, I'm using F10 as the host OS and Windows 7 as the guest.  In seamless mode, you get two program bars, one for Windows and one for Linux.  After that, windows are launched into the same desktop (the host).  It's pretty cool to be able to have Windows programs "seem" to be running directly within Linux.

There's a few bugs in the VirtualBox implementation.  It's rather buggy if you have dual monitors, or are using desktop effects (3D desktop).  But it's a great start.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: VirtualBox and Seamless mode
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 11:15:03 AM »
Is there a trial version of the Vbox software or is it free? Curious to try it out :)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: VirtualBox and Seamless mode
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 11:35:53 AM »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: