Author Topic: Is Doom worth spending the time now days?  (Read 14186 times)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Is Doom worth spending the time now days?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 08:19:26 AM »
This is out side on the sand area or inside near the spawn area of DF?

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 08:25:09 AM »
It's at the entrance to room 2 I believe... not far from the DF spawn point.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 09:51:23 AM »
If its a small group of people who know what they are doing doom is great, luring the DF to the corner and keeping the bones cut.  I got an Onry last night so it was worth it to me.  I adverage bout 2 crap arti drops for every good one.  I call good ones AOF, HOM, Orny, Spirit, Headress, vile ring, dancer leggings.  I didn't die last night till they started pulling 2-3 dark fathers out at a time and letting all the spawn build up.  I just left then.     

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 06:14:42 PM »
to get your pet back in the 1 position, you have to move your tamer to that spot, log out, and log back in. your dragon will pop right into position.. (Psst don't forget to tell him to stay :P )

if you can post a picture where the location is it sounds much better than the moongate exit that I've been using.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 03:19:41 AM »
I'll get one for you tonight. I saw the guys doing it and they would get in there and have the pet stay, then they would go around the corner and tell the pet to come. The pet would take the step into the corner then start that "twitching" when a pet can't get to you.

That's how they were moving it to the last spot.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 03:49:30 AM »
Hi,

this meight be a real dump doom noob question ...
but since I don't think it is really a good idea to go
in and out .. of Doom .. what are you doing with
a non mountable animal when you have to logout ?
Or did I miss a animal stable char ?

Thx

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 04:01:06 AM »
Khameleon answered that
if you log out your pet will log back in with you.

They changed the mechanics of the game so if you log out, your pet doesn't just stand there waiting for you. It "logs out" with you.

I think I'm going to try my Hiryu there instead of the cookie cutter greater dragon.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 02:05:47 PM »
yes, the dragon logs out with you.. BUT when you log back in your dragon will be on the same tile as you! so you CAN get the dragon on the tile against the wall as you explained in your diagram.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 10:49:43 AM »
An Corp!

Couple Questions since I made my first visit to the Gauntlet yesterday.

Can the you Provoke two Dark Fathers onto one another?

Has anyone tried the success of a Rising Collussus on the Dark Father?

How many DF's do you have to kill to get a drop? How much time?

UOguide says you have the chance is 1 in 100?

If I bring two characters to Gauntlet do I want to Party or not?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 11:00:13 AM »
An Corp Post

Yes, 2 years and 2 months, perhaps a record?

Eh, guess some slack to the b-day boy....

You can not provoke a Dark Father, you can provoke stuff ONTO a Dark Father.

The chance to get items is based on how many you've killed. There's like a running total for all the room bosses and Dark Fathers. Eventually you will get an artifact.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 11:10:58 AM »
LOL! I searched Doom and this was the first thread that popped up!

What's two years anyways...time is racing like the wind.

What about template against DF? Does anyone have any experience in solo'ing DF on a Sampire.

I've killed two DF's but he managed to drop me once or twice each time.

I had Anatomy on....

What are people's thoughts? Would I be better served against the DF with Magic Resistance or Parry?

I'm thinking of trying one of two tactics...

1) Bring is my super sleuth Bard Mystic Stealth Weaver Provoker and tossing RC's on DF ..

2) Replace Magic Resistance/Parry with Anatomy and bring in an auxillary template to Discord DF and support healing via Bard Masteries.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 11:27:07 AM »
I thought you could Provoke DF's onto each other if they are Disco'd but I've never done it, only heard that you could. Either way, Disco makes life in the gauntlet that much nicer.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 11:46:28 AM »
DF's are 160 Barding difficulty so you have to disco prior to being able to attempt at that level of difficulty.

Some high end monsters are coded even at 160 "You cannot provoke that creature" so I was wondering if DF falls into that category...

I may give it a try. If you are able to provoke DF it's going to be easy street in the gauntlet.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 11:58:59 AM »
Even if you can't provoke them onto each other, there's a way to make them fight each other... or there was. I see no reason why it wouldn't work now.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 12:07:34 PM »
The old way was with the DF casting wither on the provoked stuff which would then trigger both to fight each other. 

I've done them with my sampire in the past but she has always had resist. 
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Tags: