Author Topic: Peerless! Peerless! Peerless! Peerless!  (Read 10844 times)

Offline OMGBurgersTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Peerless! Peerless! Peerless! Peerless!
« on: August 30, 2008, 11:02:37 AM »
lol.

Okay I've been really trying to hammer out peerless in my spare time to rebuild a decent account.  I've found info for doing shimmering & dreadhorn solo so far, but none on the rest really.

I'd love to give shimmering a shot but god keys are a bitch to get.  Especially without stacked SDI like I used to, no peacer etc.

Was wondering if anyone had any resources on completeing Travesty solo for now.  I know it can be done as I used to know someone who did like 8 a day, he used a sampire but I would much rather use a wammy (spiritspeak/~50 necro).  Not much difference in damage.  I went to try it and I totally got owned pretty bad lol.  I'm not sure why either ;(

I'm bored of doing Dreadhorns as I've done about 20 yesterday haha.  I did get 3 totem of the voids, so I guess it was not a total waste.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Peerless! Peerless! Peerless! Peerless!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 01:01:47 PM »
I don't have wammy experience, but I highly suggest the sampire. Weapons are a huge part of either. For a wammy, make sure you have high hit life and ssi bare minimum.

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 01:11:25 PM »
What the hack is a sampire ?

thx

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 01:14:26 PM »
Sampire.. a bushido/parry dexer that uses enough necro bonus items to go into vampiric embrace... get rid of necro items, and go on with rest of template and have the life leech

I just been too lazy to finish my guy off and I wouldn't mind doing 20 dreads a day..

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 01:56:12 PM »
I don't use high life leech on my wammy, no need for it really.  I've seen the weapons a lot of people use on the japanese shards and they usually got for hit lower attack & mana leech.  Right now i run 50 HLA, 50 HLD, 15 SSI, 30 SSI, 50DI on my main weapon and it's pretty sick.  I get my life leech from curse weapon and my mana leech from wraith form obviously.

I haven't noticed much of a difference in damage from sampire/wammy, but I live a lot easier on my wammy imo.

I just need to know why I wasen't successful on the travesty.  Switching to a sampire will only slightly increase my damage output, while really taking a beating on mana/life leech.

My only thought is because travesty was in wraith form.  Maybe it kept leeching my mana from me and that's why I died.  I also heard to use a hit area weapon to kill the summoned images, I just went ahead and used momentum strike. 

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 01:57:45 PM »
Also soulstoning skills around all the time isn't an option for me.  I lost my other accounts and I'm rebuilding.  I don't have any normal soulstones and fragments tear my bank up at the moment lol.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 03:15:24 PM »
bleh i went red by accident on my dude, now i gota wait a few days to get back on them peerless lol.

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 03:45:05 PM »
Red by accident?  That doesn't sound like accident. When you go to felucca, and kill someone, that's not by accident  :P 
Ooops, I accidently kicked your ass.... sawwy...    ::)

I'm really waiting to finish my sammy off when I get another val hammer, and I can get a good Lajatang... mmmmmm... lajatang....
Speaking of which, I ticked some people off on test center with a lajatang/warfork combo.. the lajatang was sick.. 120 bush/parry, 30 SSI, Stam Leach.. forget what all was on it.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 11:23:07 AM »
OMG,

What template and what weapon type are you using? And Gear? If that's not being too nosy.

Your making it sound too easy doing 20 in one day! I struggle with Irk sometimes and DH. I've solo'd a few times but by no means do I condsider it a walk in the park.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 12:34:18 PM »
This is my exact template:

120 Macefightning
120 Parry
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 spiritspeak
80 Chivalry
55 Necro
(Rest randomly thrown into focus till I get a tactics scroll)

My suit is complete 70's.  45hci/45dci, 25lmc, 70di.
Non-craftables used in suit:  Mace & Shields, Jackals, Runebeetle, Fey Leggings, Primer on Arms tally, crimmy, vet robe.
Craftables:  LMC gloves/sleeves w/ crazy resists.  Ring/brace matching 25ep/hci/dci/physical resist/lrc
Weapons:  Winds edge, Quarterstaff (HLD/HLA/SSI/HCI/DI)

I'll make a whole walkthrough for the whole entire key gathering etc. when I get a chance.  I also wrote some nice scripts that help me collect keys, and count them I'll post too.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 12:36:10 PM »
I'm also working on getting high resist 8lmc, 8staminc items to run on gloves/arms/tunic/gorget.  That way I can get stamina to ~182 and take advantage of a high damage weapon that swings slower, and still swing at max speed after taking a few hits.  (I hate using divine fury all the time because of the -20DCI.  It's not too much of a problem though once you have your boss stamina drained :P)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 12:37:39 PM »
Also I do my DH's AFK.  I set it up and sit there for his mana dumps, then I have a script that fights him all the way to death :P  I'll put that up too haha.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 01:05:17 PM »
What shard are you on? You in need of an apprentice.

I saw one guy on my shard take DH down with Wind's Edge faster than I can do it with my 2 Dragons. Very impressive everytime I've used soulseeker.

I've had a real hard time putting together an all 70's suit with the Mace and Shield glasses.  So I go in with a darkwood suit...

Post your walk through if &when you have the time as I'd be eager to read it. Thanks for sharing...

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 05:32:17 PM »
I play catskills and could show you soon as I go blue again (Probably two days).

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 05:42:26 PM »
Red by accident?  That doesn't sound like accident. When you go to felucca, and kill someone, that's not by accident  :P 
Ooops, I accidently kicked your ass.... sawwy...    ::)

Hey, it's easy to go red when you don't intend.  One of my favorite UO stories comes from something like that.  Back in the days of Yore, I had a red trapped box bomber who was notorious on Napa for mass slaying with his GM tinker boxes.  We'd deposit them around the banks at Britain and Magincia (yes, people were there at one time) and watch while we laughed on Roger Wilco as people would open them up, run about a screen and die from poison, or just blow up outright.

Anyhow, I had been recovering from this red madness and just went blue the day we all decided to go down into Deceit to farm liches.  Well, we got jumped by a group of reds and some noto-pks and while I was defending one of my friends, I killed one of the notos and went red again.  After that, I tore out of there because I didn't want to die and get stat loss.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: