Author Topic: The best UOAM replacement I've seen yet...  (Read 19463 times)

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The best UOAM replacement I've seen yet...
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 01:14:58 PM »
well i downloaded it when i was not banned.

then i guess i said something i shouldn't have a few minutes after and they banned me.  I dont remember doing anything I shouldn't have but who knows haha.

Offline SuperslayerTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 01:17:27 PM »
Stratics is anal...program is uploaded now...click the link in my siggy to my website.  who knows, maybe it'll work for ya

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 02:24:35 PM »
I also revised the links section HERE to reflect this information.  Looks like the developer has been in some contact with Mythic, so hopefully it won't get a ban-stick.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 04:16:51 PM »
very cool idea.. good one TM.

Scrripty

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 04:23:41 PM »
very cool idea.. good one TM.

Just in case anyone missed it, there's info on the map I said I'd host in the guild snippet thread.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 05:01:03 PM »
@ OMGBurgers, here's some troubleshooting tips that various posters at stratics shared:

Manually check that what it is pointing to in the options is actually where your client files are. Also, if you are using 2D make sure you haven't checked the Use EC option.

It sounds like it can't make the maps for some reason which means it's failing to find the client data.

edit: Another thing you could try if you've had UOAM working in the past is to run UOAM and check where it is pointing and see if it is the same. Make sure you close UOAM afterward though.

Double and triple check the client paths are correct. Manually verify that the client actually lives where it is pointing as it is possible to have multiple older 2D clients in different places over the years.

If that's not it, make sure you are running UOAssist (launch 2D via UOA) and don't run UOC as admin.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2009, 05:11:45 PM »
Its a shame it needs either razor or uoassist... I prefer programs wiht no dependancies myself.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 05:17:19 PM »
@ OMGBurgers, here's some troubleshooting tips that various posters at stratics shared:

Manually check that what it is pointing to in the options is actually where your client files are. Also, if you are using 2D make sure you haven't checked the Use EC option.

It sounds like it can't make the maps for some reason which means it's failing to find the client data.

edit: Another thing you could try if you've had UOAM working in the past is to run UOAM and check where it is pointing and see if it is the same. Make sure you close UOAM afterward though.

Double and triple check the client paths are correct. Manually verify that the client actually lives where it is pointing as it is possible to have multiple older 2D clients in different places over the years.

If that's not it, make sure you are running UOAssist (launch 2D via UOA) and don't run UOC as admin.

I can't even get the program past the splash screen though.

I downloaded the .net 2.0 framework or whatever.  I'm not sure if I'm missing anything else or what.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 05:42:03 PM »
This was just posted by the developer for the person with the same problem as you're describing..

Is .Net 2.0 at SP1? I did google this and the answer seemed to be updating .Net 2.0 to SP1 (or better if there is one). It may be a separate SP from the XP SP3 thing.

The developer posted this link to update .Net 2.0 :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5B2C0358-915B-4EB5-9B1D-10E506DA9D0F

After this point, I'd delete the UOC executable, close anything UO related, do the .Net update, restart comp, then dl the UOC again and install.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 07:21:32 PM »
This was just posted by the developer for the person with the same problem as you're describing..

Is .Net 2.0 at SP1? I did google this and the answer seemed to be updating .Net 2.0 to SP1 (or better if there is one). It may be a separate SP from the XP SP3 thing.

The developer posted this link to update .Net 2.0 :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5B2C0358-915B-4EB5-9B1D-10E506DA9D0F

After this point, I'd delete the UOC executable, close anything UO related, do the .Net update, restart comp, then dl the UOC again and install.

Woot you the man!

Got it working :)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 08:03:06 PM »
Rock on bro !!...I knew we could do it !!  He just updated the program to version 0.9.6.2 too to deal with another issue a user had.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 08:46:39 PM »
gota say this is a LOT better than automap.

i love how much better it looks too!  even better then the uoradar if you're zoomed out a hair more than the uo radar haha.

works so fast too.  i'm setting up a server for my guild tomorrow hopefully!

Scrripty

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 10:59:07 PM »

i love how much better it looks too!  even better then the uoradar if you're zoomed out a hair more than the uo radar haha.

We got a map up already for the home shard also. :)  Should I upgrade to the newest version?

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 08:28:59 AM »

We got a map up already for the home shard also. :)  Should I upgrade to the newest version?

Aww man!  Stop bragging my guild will be so jealous! haha.

I'm not sure if you should upgrade.  I can't see what the updated version offers :/

My old vent/map server computer died.  I'm trying to reformat/reinstall windows but I'm having no luck.  It looks like I'm just going to order a new pc to replace this one, and make this one the new macro pc haha.

Scrripty

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2009, 08:35:40 AM »

Aww man!  Stop bragging my guild will be so jealous! haha.

I'm not sure if you should upgrade.  I can't see what the updated version offers :/

My old vent/map server computer died.  I'm trying to reformat/reinstall windows but I'm having no luck.  It looks like I'm just going to order a new pc to replace this one, and make this one the new macro pc haha.

You can jump on it OMG but I'd prefer that only people with access to the private guild section that are participating in guild stuff with us on the home shard have the info. :)

Tags: