Author Topic: few things that need to be deleted in game  (Read 11819 times)

Offline MAasTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • MAas has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
few things that need to be deleted in game
« on: October 03, 2008, 09:16:05 AM »
greater dragons and trap boxes......well leave the trap boxes

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: few things that need to be deleted in game
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 09:21:41 AM »
How hard are greater dragons to tame?  Haven't gotten around to playing with them yet.

For me, they need to abolish insurance in Fel.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 10:31:17 AM »
They aren't too bad as long as someone is there peacing them.  They pretty much and almost one hit kill u though , so without a peacer yo are meat! Taming level is higher to succeed too than reg dragons.. not sure what it is 107-112 ish.

trapped boxes are foolish in how u use one dart to make them and the dart lasts forever in them.  Seriously!

Either way I have learned to adapt my strategies when fighting peeps with these items.

TM - I personally think insurance has spurred the economy of uo because now peeps want more hammers and kits to make items etc that they wouldn't desire for a trammy suit.  It is true you sold a lot of gm plate and leather suits back in the day but crafting is worth more now.  It has also encouraged peeps to do more duping than ever though.  Lesser of two evils I guess.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 11:02:52 AM »
The NO insurance bit isn't about the economy, but rather about trying to bring the skill of the player back into the mix and diminishing the impact that all these uber-stupid-insane items without any fear of loosing.  I always thought that blessing *one* item could be useful, but then you have to choose wisely the item you take that you won't loose.  The rest is something that you will have to balance with skill.

For Fel, greater dragons should hit with the same intensity as normal ones.

As for the economy, that's been dead a long time ago.  It's simply amazing how much gold is in there now.  Here's a good example about how crazy it is:

Farming Arctic Ogre Lords by hand (compared to buying 80M gold on Pacific)

AOL: 50K/hr.

Farming 24hr/day, it would take 67 days to farm 80M.  My point here is that's its going to be nearly impossible for the economy to get the kind of gold that's out there now without some other source such as duped checks.  So no matter what insurance does, it's not taking enough gold out to counteract all of the false gold that's being added.  I count scripted gold as truly added gold because you can't make that gold any faster as you could by doing it by hand.  Scripts just don't get tired and need a nap... ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 11:37:14 AM »
Oh, C2, I think that abolishing Fel insurance would actually enhance the life of a crafter by creating more of a demand from people that have lost their gear, plus people would have to start keeping more than one suit around as a fall-back plan if a PvP encounter didn't go as planned.  However, nothing should be added to the game until they can fix the duping situation.  After that, then they need to address how hard it is to get the hammers/runics kits.  If it's next to impossible to acquire something, people will always try to find another way to get it.

I dearly miss the days when PvP brought out the best PLAYER, not the best GEAR.  There's no bragging rights for those that are artied-to-the-max (ATTM); they are just players with extra gold.

Nothing really changes in Tram, other than possibly making item insurance scale according to your stat total.  I think 7xGM characters should pay more for their insurance regardless of the facet.  I was on Alexandria yesterday and someone was bitching about 600gp/item being too high and was trying to have the admin adjust the value to 50gp/item.  That's just stupid.  Also I think that insurance should scale according to the inherent value of an item.  IRL, try to get your Lincoln MKS insured for the same as a Yugo.  My guess is that the insurance company would laugh so hard at you that they might evacuate their bowels.  ehhe
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 11:39:26 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 12:01:18 PM »
Great points!  I was just thinking Plate suits by a regular old joe due to no insurance are worth so little in the economy that with this crazy amount of gold in game already only the expensive items that you can insure keep any sort of economy going at this point.  I basically agree with all u said - just that with the current amounts of gold in game, making items for non insured fighting is almost worthless in the state of the economy and wouldn't help it one bit. 

they really need to fix the dupes like u said and then maybe do somethign as drastic as saying we are deleting all the gold in game on this date or changing to a new currency in the next expansion.  It would piss off a lot but reboot the economy somewhat until at least the next exploit.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 01:01:13 PM »
Yeh, unfortunately EA doesn't have the horsepower/manpower dedicated to the UO franchise at this point to be able to address the duping situation.  I think you're right in that the duped items should be deleted; the monk's robes are a good example of that.   But until you have a good way to prevent duping at the core, it doesn't really make much sense to delete items.  The gold in-game is something you can't really do much about since it's really easy to create a new #FINDID for the checks.

And yet people still whine about scripting...  It just proves just how out of touch people are with the basic issues plaguing the game these days.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 05:13:28 PM »
How hard are greater dragons to tame?  Haven't gotten around to playing with them yet.

For me, they need to abolish insurance in Fel.

I love Greater Dragons and don't want to see them gone from the game. Hell my sampire packs way more punch than a Greater Dragon so I don't see what the fuss is all about.

I used Honor for just about every Greater Dragon I've tamed. It made it very easy.  ;)

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 05:41:00 PM »
Good point, was gonna say its no problem to tame them just honor first. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 06:56:24 PM »
Good point, was gonna say its no problem to tame them just honor first. 

You see, that part just bugs me and shows how many things are broken about UO.  For a creature so fearsome and powerful as a Greater Dragon to be subdued by simply Honoring it just is broken and wrong.  To this day, I have never honored a creature before taming.  My favorite white wyrm is the one that killed me 10 times during the taming process.   Peace taming is a tactic, and makes it easy enough but you still have to be on your toes.

ultima, do you PvP with your Greater Dragon?  I think they would be great for PvM, but I could see how they could be lame in the PvP arena.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:00:00 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 10:29:40 PM »
I just PvM with my Greater Dragon. At first I didn't like them because I though they were difficult to lug around as I was used to the mobility of  the Cu Sidhes but Greaters are amazing in the right hands (Disco Tamer ). I used my Greater to do Peerless before I got a real good understanding of the sampire. PvM they're alot of fun. I'm retired from PvP. Maybe later on down the line I'll get back into it but right now I enjoy doing  Peerless and messing around with scripts. Keeps me occupied.  :P

I did one time on top of Empath Abbey get goated into a PvP fight by Poo from Sonoma on one of his Pk chars. He had an archer with mare/Beetle combo and I had Bas my Greater Dragon.  This was when Greaters  just arrived on the scene and I was curious as to how powerful they really were. I couldn't resist his offer. Plus when your standing there and have this dragon by your side with you and he's just egging you on to attack him it's hard to resist. What am I a wimp I got this Dragon with me he's goating me...  What would you do?  ;D

So I tossed Bas on him and he his mare/beetle on me. I barely surived the initial hits (2 Pets + Xbow bolt) thankgod for my Bloodwood Darkwood Suit (Serious HPR). Anyways he ended up running out the teleporter and escaping. I thought for sure Bas would have killed him and I was disappointed with the strength of Greater Dragons against other players. When I left via the teleporter he escaped from I went outside and saw a corpse of him lying on the ground. Eureka! Bas did me proud after all. I talked to Poo right after and he was pretty cool guy and we laughed about how he had gotten away but died because of the Dragon's Bleed attack.  But it goes a reminder as how much is wrong with PvP in the game compared to what I was used to back in the day. Pets seem to be the norm in PvP whereas back in the day you were seriously frowned upon for brining onto the PvP battlefield. 

Taming it solo with peacemaking is not an easy task. If my memory serves me correct (which it seldom does) they don't stay peaced very long. And they pack serious punch and firepower. They are no joke trying to tame by yourself without using trickery (honor yourself) but that makes it a challege and of course challenges are fun.

I lied earler. I did tame a Greater once after seriously beating it down with my Cu Sidhe and Discordance. They heal back up very fast. Precast invis and tame. Once you get the "You start to tame the creature" keep casting invis over and over so you break aggro. You have seconds before you end up as mince meat.

At full health without the help of other people or using honor it truly is a tall task. Get after it and them come and tell us about your adventures.  ;D

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 11:34:32 PM »
I think they need to just give greater dragons a damage reduction towards players.  They're not too bad until they meele you for 30, bleed you when they do it, explode/fs you from 3 screens away... then just when you think all is well... just when you think you got away... you get hit for 50 damage breath attack 4 seconds later while having 60 fire resist cursed/corpsed LOL

I don't even bother fightning the people who play them, I walk/run away, get the dragon stuck on a house.  They arn't worth my time to be honest.

Trapped boxes should stay imo.  Especially with the way evil omen/paralyze works :P.

I do think there should be some of change to em.  As much as I love scripting I won't use a script to pvp.  And it's completely annoying fightning trashy dexers who run trapped box scripts to allow them to ignore all para/nerve strike/riding swipe/para blow.  The only script I'd consider pvp related would be to deal with ninja stars maybe, cause they are a pita to setup/refill etc.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 11:40:59 PM »
Also item insurance needs to stay IMO.

It would be nice though if there was at LEAST one shard per time zone that didn't have item insurance.  I know siege blah blah but siege is gay and I can say it because I have two completed characters there lol.  Other players would play shards without item insurance though if they didn't have to deal with the ROT system and could actually gate/recall.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 04:14:18 AM »
TBH, I kind of like the greater dragons being in game. They bring a bit more of an "epic" quality to the battles. They really aren't that difficult to deal with and now groups fighting other groups have to adapt a little bit. I have yet to meet a pvp tamer in the field that I had trouble with in group situations; they are almost always easy kills especially when the dragon is focused on something else.

Now when you're talking one verse one with a tamer that's a different story and the G.Dragon tamer verse one other player is really a 3 v. 1 gank :p

Now this is coming from someone who has never owned a G.Dragon or even had a tamer with higher than 85 taming, lol.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 04:21:00 AM »
Ok.. I will probally be kicked banned for this.

I hate tamers, I for 9 years have never ran a tamer. I think they are completely skill-less characters.
every tamer that I have seen there pet die, has no idea how to protect themselves or fight with pure magery or what ever other skill they have.  as for Rezing pets.. I think that's Absolute BS. if their pet dies. its dead.

Tags: