Author Topic: am i the only one?  (Read 7546 times)

Offline searchTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • search has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
am i the only one?
« on: October 16, 2008, 05:50:31 AM »
well, i burned five barbed kits the other day.  my prize piece was gloves with mana regen 2 and resists 18/21/9/21/21 :)  anyways, i had all the armor in a bag at the house and yesterday i decided to put it on a vendor.  so i grab my bag and head to a friends house to pick some other stuff up and i happen to crash.  not thinking, i went surfing on the for a few minutes to return and find myself dead.  i bet you all can guess what happened to my corpse.  that's right, no where in site. there goes all my fancy armor.  luckily there were a few pieces that wasn't in the bags, including the gloves. 

am i the only person stuff like this happens to? i'm sure i'm not (just felt like sharing my crappy story)

Offline talkmill

• Activity:
    0%
  • talkmill has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: am i the only one?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 06:18:30 AM »
I had something like this happening. I was at an idoc with an unbonded beetle and filled it with loads of goodies worth lots of money. Then my client when i tried to sit up on the beetle. After logging in again the beetle was gone and no corpse, all items lost.

Think i may have lost an agapite runic a week ago also while throwing away my dull copper and shadow runics, cant blame anyone for that though ;)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 06:37:12 AM »
I bought an Orni Once for 35 Million only a week before they changed Doom and the price dropped to 8 mil.

I got an AoF in Doom (the only arti I've ever gotten in Doom) when the price for AoF and Midnight Bracers were both about 14 mil. I traded even for the Midnight Bracers with someone, a week later the price on bracers was down to 12 and the price on AoF was up to about 24.

I forgot to renew a scripting account before it's house with hundreds of thousands of ingots and several pair of Folded Steel Glasses went IDOC and I lost it all.

I forgot to lockdown a stack of five full BOD books on the floor of my house on Atl once, buh-bye

Shall I continue?

Welcome to the world of pixel loss! Remember that it doesn't really matter because it's just a game and then move on  ;)
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 02:36:43 PM »
I could tell about my account loss, luna house loss, and hundreds of mils stolen from 'friends' ;x  But then I'd get madder at uo than I am now! lol

Offline searchTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • search has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 04:04:22 PM »
well i don't feel so bad now :)  i know it's only a game, but that doesn't mean it doesn't sucks balls :P  only thing you can do is learn and keep on keepin' on. 

i actually forgot about the suit i lost within two days of starting back.  my friend hooked me up with hat of magi, tome, orny, etc, etc and i forgot to do auto reinsure. well, after two deaths, there it went.  i still owe him, lol.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 05:02:04 PM »
Well i once lost 1million+ frostwood boards... couldnt find the deeds anywhere... searched up and down.. given up for lost... I was totally gutted as they had just nerfed the trees and thier was no way in hell i would ever get that much frostwood again...
 6 months later i decdied to kill a vendor at my house that had been sitting thier forever selling stuff that didnt sell... Mainly junk really... in the process of emptying the vendor low and behold what do i find .. my box of 1mil+ frostwood deeds .. the whole thing priced at 5gp...
Sometimes bad things do turn good.. as i lost it before the tree nerf and found it long after..
In fact i still have quiet a few 60k deeds left.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 05:04:49 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 04:40:42 AM »
Damn, I wish I had stumbled across that vendor!!!

::)
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 06:54:26 PM »

x2!!!

must not have been in luna? :P

I like searching find/search uo for mistakes :P

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 04:32:10 AM »

x2!!!

must not have been in luna? :P

I like searching find/search uo for mistakes :P

Hehe i love using finduo for mispriced items. Recently i bought a transfer token and a barbed runic kit at 2 gp each woot. But occasionally u will see a mispriced item on finduo, when u get to the vendor, they will all be priced right, the person was stocking the vendor while they were updating ;) As for forgetting to lock things hmm, only thing i can remember is some thousands of pots a few weeks ago, so no big loss ;)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Pathion

• Activity:
    0%
  • Pathion has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 10:28:13 PM »

Look on the bright side.  Its not like the old days where if killed a person and stole their house keys you could take over their home. :-p  Back when you walked out of Brit and as a newb died in like 5 seconds..   No Tram or Fel.   

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 05:20:24 AM »
Talking of loses i just rembered from a couple years back a friend being gutted and almost quitting due to forgetting to lock down a bag after moveing

It contained..
 all his tokens .. xfer , gender, soulstones etc
 all his ethys
 and all his zoo stuff that he had spent the prior 6months taming dragons and drakes by hand non stop day in and out to get.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Pathion

• Activity:
    0%
  • Pathion has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 07:25:23 AM »
Yeah I would have been totally pissed on that.  My house was looted and they got all my rares and all my character bless deeds.  Like those would do them any good. 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 05:54:48 AM »
    Look on the bright side.  Its not like the old days where if killed a person and stole their house keys you could take over their home. :-p  Back when you walked out of Brit and as a newb died in like 5 seconds..   No Tram or Fel.   

Hell not even as a newb... just walk out of brit and get slaughtered at the first corner by the resident evil murderous gang... .. sometimes if you was lucky you could run past the slaughter corner if thier was enough fodder already in the process of dying... and if you got real lucky you could loot one of the  poor souls and get away yourself.  I think my first decent set of armour came from just missing a gang attack in some dungeon and looting the dead before they came back.  Of course i only kept it for about 20mins before it got recylced again. fun times... eternal sense of fear.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 08:37:09 AM »
fun times... eternal sense of fear.

That's what I miss from the game is the lack of fear that you get from it anymore.  I can understand why it went in the direction it did, but I still do miss that old feeling.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline jag6927

• Activity:
    0%
  • jag6927 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »
two things come to mind.  The first was five or six bod books all full.  Must have forgotten to lock em down.  GONE.  Then another time i was resizing my house and didnt realize that when u drop it all the chests and everhting inside droped to the ground.  I couldnt replace a house cause all the *bleep* was in the way so i start moving stuff out of the was and along comes a red pk and kills me.  withing minutes his whole zerg guild is looting all my stuff from my chests and all i can do is watch as a ghost.  Lost a ton of stuff.  But oh well, live and learn.

Tags: