Author Topic: PvP Help!  (Read 5237 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
PvP Help!
« on: October 16, 2008, 10:19:56 AM »
I would like to throw this out for opinions and suggestions.  I need some help with my PvP character.  It seems that I cannot get the final killing shot in and the battle goes on for 10-15 minutes and one of us finally gets bored or I end up dying (not the other way around).  Here is my template with equipment:

Real Skills:
Anatomy 120
Archery  120
Chivalry  68.3
Focus     72.5
Healing   99.2 (going to 100)
Resist    120
Tactics  120

From the top down: Mace and Shield Glasses, Jackal's Collar, Totem of the Void, Rune Beetle Carpace, Quiver of Infinity, Leggings of Bane, Bracelet of Health, Crimson Cincture, and Stormgrips (Current Resists are: 58, 68, 68, 70, 64)

Main weapon is a Balanced Exceptional Ash Crossbow with Hit Fireball 50%, SSI 30%, DI 49%, LR 20%, PD 100%

I am currently running Guddah's Medic to help keep me alive! I know I need a good ring (Ring of Vile?) and a better bracelet, as well as get my resists to 70 or more, but what else can I do?  Add a Spirit of the Totem?

Please help with ANY suggestions, comments, and/or criticisms. 
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: PvP Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 10:30:10 AM »
i would consider doing 90 heal, gm med- drop focus and adjust chiv as needed.  med keeps you full of med to keep hammering away which isn't going to happen with your arti suit and the lack of MR and LMC. 

you also need a good running shot bow... you can conc them and when they run switch weps and attack on the run.  You need crazy high stamina to dominate as an archer.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 10:46:09 AM »
What do you mean lack of MR?  My current LMC is 25%. I do have a good running shot bow and I am trying to figure out a macro to exchange them in battle.

According to my research:

The Focus skill could be defined as the "Warrior's Meditation Skill." It increases both a character's Mana Regeneration and Stamina Regeneration. Since a warrior's swing rate is determined by the amount of stamina he has, the ability to increase the regeneration of that attribute would be highly beneficial on the battlefield. Mana, too, is an important stat to any warrior that uses special combat moves as part of his tactics.

Hit Points, Stamina, and Mana all have statistics associated with them called "10 second gains," which are set on all creatures and tell the game system how much to increase each current value by every 10 seconds. This can be seen in the way monsters regenerate their hit points, stamina, and mana over time. These "10 second gains" are usually set once and never change. However, in Age of Shadows, these 10-second gains can now be increased by various skill and magic effects, like the Focus skill.

For Meditation Skill: You may not actively meditate while wearing non-medable armor unless it has the Mage Armor as one of it's Item Properties. Many warriors instead take up the Focus skill, which has similar effects to Meditation but no armor-based limitations.

ORACLE

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 11:37:59 AM »
Couple of thoughts:

1) Focus gives you 1 MR for every 20 skill, Med gives you 1 MR for every 10 skill. As long as you're wearing medable items I agree with C2, you should consider Med instead of Focus
2) 58 Physical is a little low but you already mentioned resists.
3) Are you chugging? You have a Balanced bow so I'm assuming you are
4) Look for 50 EP either between both bracelet and ring or a decent Ecru ring. The +10HPR on the bracelet is nice but it's nothing compared to a G_heal Pot every 11 seconds with 50 ep.
5) What are the sleeves? You have a lot of resist to make up so your sleeves would have to be Godlike with all of those arti's! You may want to consider looking around for legs, sleeves, and gloves with high resist/LMC/MR/SR. With different jewels you may have an easier time making up the HCI/DCI/DI you're lacking with the suit.

Fast AI alone should get you a long way IMO. 3 AI's in a row at max swing speed could be a good goal for you!

Just my .02 :)

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 12:13:47 PM »
1) OK - Two votes for meditation

2) The sleeves are Mage Armor HP Inrease 4, Night Sight, PR 9, FR 24, CR 5, PR 22, ER 18

3) Chugging - Yes!

4) Ecru Citrine Ring w/ EP 50% and DI 18%

You lost me on what is Fast AI and a long way IMO?  What do you mean by 3 AI's?  How can I achieve this --- what do I need?
ORACLE

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 12:55:19 PM »
Basically - kick leggings of bane and jackels for pieces of med armor with MR/LMC and Stam INC.  Stam inc is the must there.  stam regen is nice on focus but it is better to chug refresh and have the benefits of med.

Maybe rock the fey leggings for the 20 dci (grab human ones and be human to reap the passive skills)

ring of vile is trash if you can get a 50 ep with some HCI and maybe other mods. 

This is certainly the more expensive route but it is the way the best archers in game are going that peeps think are hackers but aren't.

I would also get rid of bracelet of health for a high DCI, HCI, DI brace!  Then if you got that - get gloves with stam inc instead of the 8 intell.  the di is nice on the grips though.  You want your stam through the roof man.  I would constantly be agility potted too.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:58:22 PM by _C2_ »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 09:48:11 AM »
Thanks for the help so far:

I found a pair of Human Fey Leggings and I am wearing those instead of the Leggings of Bane.  I am attempting to replace my gloves and the Jackal's Collar. 
ORACLE

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 01:24:51 AM »
I'd drop your dex to the point that a agility pot puts you at exactly 150dex, and throw the rest into int.  Since you cant get above 150 dex no point leaving unwasted potential stats from a potion.  Also stamina stacks above 150, so it won't speed up your heals, but it will either speed up your swing speed (depending on weapon BP's) and give you a larger high end swing breakpoint since you have more stamina to drain before you slow down.

For pvp i'd drop the chivalry to 55, I think that's max you need to remove curse and then throw everything in meditation.

Remember to consecrate your weapon to check your enemies elemental resists.  A lot of people are running low cold in the 50's and there is no point hitting them 100% physical damage to thier 70 physical resist when you can hit em 100% cold damage to thier 55cold resist lol.

That is awesome on the runners who run low resist.  A nice composite with moving shot and they're toast.

A heavy is a nice running shot weapon on a mage too if you can get a GOOD 40ssi one.  I run lightning/veloticy/ssi/di on mine.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 01:27:53 AM »
Basically - kick leggings of bane and jackels for pieces of med armor with MR/LMC and Stam INC.  Stam inc is the must there.  stam regen is nice on focus but it is better to chug refresh and have the benefits of med.

I've been debating my next suit to go all stamina increase on every piece, or mana increase.  My guild tells me mana increase, but the way I see it is that only helps for burst damage, once it's gone it's gone.  Stamina increase however is always there and instantly replinished with a total refresh. 

My current EP set has hci/dci/lmc/ep on ring/bracelet which gives me max lmc without touching armor (Just tally, rbc, ring, bracelet).  So I figure that leaves gorget/sleeves/gloves/legs to get +8 inc pieces for 32 free stats.

Which would you choose?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 09:06:07 AM »
Also I am also debating this same argurement Stamina vs. Mana.  I have come to the conclusion that since there is a potion for stamina and not one for mana that I have been leaning towards mana increase and mana regen.

OMG, go check winuo.com...been having problems with your trapped chest creator...   :o
ORACLE

Offline stevro

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • stevro has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 11:39:23 PM »
dude drop chiv and focus that is just GAY cuz ya gotta stop to heal pickup some necro and all the items ya need to arm vamp embrace and use it no need to worry bout poison then ohh yeah and drop some of those lame arties off they are over rated if ya wanna see the ultimate archer take a look at stevro in oceania :)

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 09:21:06 PM »
just curious what are your stats?
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline yosaku

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • yosaku has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 12:33:14 AM »
I suggest that drop resist and train mace or fencing.

disarming - Movingshot

this is easy to kill

Tags: