Author Topic: Screen Recorders  (Read 13740 times)

Offline jtw1984Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Screen Recorders
« on: May 15, 2010, 05:25:37 AM »
Does anyone here use screen recorders such as Camtasia or Camstudio to record big UO fights? If so, what codec do you use? Settings?

I have recently started recording some big fights just for the amusement of some guildies. My very first video was 5 minutes long. The quality was great but the file size was 1.2 gb.  :'(

I'm trying to find a good codec to use to hopefully cut file size to at least youtube limits (which I can't remember off hand).

I just downloaded camtasia the other day, but haven't got to mess around with it yet. I got the techsmith codec which is supposed to work good. I also have divx codec.

Should be interesting :D.

How can you and one other guy teleport onto the island in despise with 6 people on it and just start whither spamming without recording it? lol

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Recorders
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 03:23:43 PM »
you should post up the youtube link when you get it done.  :D

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 06:26:03 PM »
Hmmm I might post some vids here if I get a good codec. I'm just kind of hesitant to post videos of my characters though. If I can block out the image of my character then I def will.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 01:53:46 AM »
are you cutting the video size down to just your actual UO Screen and not the black space/paperdoll/etc. taht would probably cut the size in half.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 04:51:17 AM »
Yeah I attempted this with camtasia last night using the techsmith codec.  I make sure to only include the actual UO screen. I recorded about a five minute video with good resolution that was around 80 mb.

I'm sure with some more tweeking I could probably reduce the quality to make it good enough for youtube. However, I enjoy watching UO field fights in full screen.

So I will continue adjusting and I will post up my final settings for anyone who needs it!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 06:43:23 AM »
I've been wondering this forever too.  At times we have some pretty crazy fights I wish I could record just because sometimes they're so funny!  My guild consists basically of 3 players on like 3-4 shards, so we just have to keep moving & try to pull out some crazy trap ideas!  Hoping to pick up like 2-3 more eventually so we can do some stupid witherbomb/hail storm kamikazes against like 30 people!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 08:21:36 AM »
Ah man I have long dreamed of having about 6 mystics pre cast hailstorm and run up and dump on a group of people.

Yeah I have Camtasia and Camstudio. I def recommend Camtasia so far. Camtasia does seem to lag my system up a bit more, but has the better codecs and functionality.

The main difference is camtasia costs 200-300 dollars, but there are always things you can do!

I just know JC from HOT/HEAT always posts vids of harry fights and what not. I decided that would be something interesting. At least 10 years from now you could have something to watch and be amused by it. :D

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 11:50:28 AM »
I've been wondering this forever too.  At times we have some pretty crazy fights I wish I could record just because sometimes they're so funny!  My guild consists basically of 3 players on like 3-4 shards, so we just have to keep moving & try to pull out some crazy trap ideas!  Hoping to pick up like 2-3 more eventually so we can do some stupid witherbomb/hail storm kamikazes against like 30 people!

Sounds like a blast!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 11:57:48 AM »
I just know JC from HOT/HEAT always posts vids of harry fights and what not. I decided that would be something interesting. At least 10 years from now you could have something to watch and be amused by it. :D

i liked the one video of a despise fight he posted.  no lie he did like a mindblast, teleport, flamestrike combo on some guy it was freaking hilarious i almost fell out of my chair!  i couldn't tell if he was serious or what but i couldn't take the video serious after that hahaha.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 12:00:33 PM »
Ah man I have long dreamed of having about 6 mystics pre cast hailstorm and run up and dump on a group of people.

Haha ya that's what I'm tryin for.  Half mystics half necros.  Wither is pretty crazy fast.  the mystics stand back and just cleansing wind.  withers tele in and wither bomb soon as the mystics drop a hail storm and take all the heals.  Rignt now i'm the only one wither bombing which sucks cause i run outa mana so quick i gota step back and omen/vamp em.  The best was my alchemist mystic.  Throw like 3 explode pots and a hail storm will almost kill someone in a grinder.  If I could get two players like that it would be game over if one good wall hits for any group of players lol.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 01:30:52 PM »
lol referring to the despise fight video. Yeah I believe I saw something like that too. A guildie was fighting him once. He said he bola'd him, and during the fight JC ran over and picked up the bola and then continued fighting. haha

I remember one video he posted where he was fighting someone from TF+R and the entire fight he was just spamming Evaluating Iintelligence on them to check how much mana they had. When they were depleted he finally started fighting some. haha

But yeah I wonder if 3 mystics would be enough to heal 3 necros given the mystics were all in protection. Maybe an even better tactic would have the necros start wither spamming as the mystics spell plague the targets. Then start healing. I bet the damage would be insane.

On another side note, I saw someone playing new client. He had made some crazy macro for explo pots in choke point situations which basically involved double clicking pot and target next enemy hostile. You should have seen this macro. He was doing it at Luna bank one day and he targetted about 20 people in the matter of twenty seconds. Nice macro I could imagine for choke fighting.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 01:58:56 PM »
lol referring to the despise fight video. Yeah I believe I saw something like that too. A guildie was fighting him once. He said he bola'd him, and during the fight JC ran over and picked up the bola and then continued fighting. haha

I remember one video he posted where he was fighting someone from TF+R and the entire fight he was just spamming Evaluating Iintelligence on them to check how much mana they had. When they were depleted he finally started fighting some. haha

But yeah I wonder if 3 mystics would be enough to heal 3 necros given the mystics were all in protection. Maybe an even better tactic would have the necros start wither spamming as the mystics spell plague the targets. Then start healing. I bet the damage would be insane.

On another side note, I saw someone playing new client. He had made some crazy macro for explo pots in choke point situations which basically involved double clicking pot and target next enemy hostile. You should have seen this macro. He was doing it at Luna bank one day and he targetted about 20 people in the matter of twenty seconds. Nice macro I could imagine for choke fighting.

haha nice

what shards are you all on?  I've got mages on Legends/Catskills/Greatlakes.  I really only play east coast shards now I can't handle the lag anymore on west :(

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 01:05:32 AM »

haha nice

what shards are you all on?  I've got mages on Legends/Catskills/Greatlakes.  I really only play east coast shards now I can't handle the lag anymore on west :(

If you want any help testing on Legends, Cats or GL let me know. I don't have mystics on any of those shards but I'll gladly train it up to help out.... Starting to work a pvp mystic/mage on Cats now.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 08:16:30 AM »
I play Atlantic and Chessy right now. I'll be transferring my mystic mage to legends very soon though.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 08:21:32 AM »
Bulents 1.5 is free, might work for ya.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: