Author Topic: Training an Imbuer  (Read 9883 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Training an Imbuer
« on: June 23, 2010, 10:53:23 AM »
Now that imbuing has been around for a while, what have we discovered to be the best method for training up an imbuer?

Race? Starting Supplies? Template?

WIZ's Trainer looks pretty good. Is that what's recommended?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Training an Imbuer
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 11:10:34 AM »
The trainer is excellent if you dont mind going through a LOT of gold (but at least you can macro it that way) If you want to save a ton of gold then I recomend doing it by hand. I would start with a human char (as long as u have a race change deed to change to garg when your finished.)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 11:12:19 AM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 11:19:02 AM »
Use Paulonius' trainer.  It's really good.  I can't remember if I changed a couple training items, but it works very well and it's pretty cheap.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 11:20:13 AM »
Use Paulonius' trainer.  It's really good.  I can't remember if I changed a couple training items, but it works very well and it's pretty cheap.

What Twinkle McNugget said...I PM'd that to you cuz I couldnt remember if he posted that up yet and was to lazy to look.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 11:36:57 AM »
The absolute cheapest way is to cut a bunch of wood and use a residue maker to make bows and unravel them. You can get above 80 now doing that.  I recommend you give that a shot for a while first and then start using the imbue trainer.  

Garoth's is my favorite for making residue and you will get a long way toward 120 imbue with it.  Be sure to eat the scroll before you start for best results:

http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=351765&sid=3915539c50ae88ee9ef4b6577808385c

And here is my trainer:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=4253.0
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 11:41:54 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 11:38:34 AM »
That's what I did.  Takes no time at all. :)

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 11:44:32 AM »
Nice, I think I have a bunch already cut ;)

And my Imbuer will be on the opposite account as my lumberjack is.... so chop and unravel simultaneously.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »
Maybe I'll share my 24/7 relic farmer with ya when you're done. :)

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 11:47:40 AM »
I just think it's time to make one.... I hate bothering everyone whenever I need something imbued.

I do still need POF all the darn time, and I refuse to collect BOD's in game. NO BODS and NO FISHING.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 12:50:08 PM »
I think i used pauls on my second imbuer also.  Alot cheaper.
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 12:54:44 PM »
I just think it's time to make one.... I hate bothering everyone whenever I need something imbued.

I do still need POF all the darn time, and I refuse to collect BOD's in game. NO BODS and NO FISHING.

Your missing out Cerveza! You gotta do it! Especially if you want to craft some rightoues woodland armor then your really going to burn through some POF.

I hate having one account dedicated to collecting BOD's but there is no other choice. C2's script is working wonders. I'd much rather be mining or farming resources.

I should set it C2's BOD to collect on the SUO Homeshard and I could give those away to those who need em' or trade em' for BOD's on the shards I'm playing on.

I'm currently training my second Imbuer via the method Paul described using his imbueing trainer. It's insane how powerful imbueing is especially with elemental damage weapons. Well worth the investment! ;)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 01:51:47 PM »
i have some info posted also where i was alble to get above 87 imbuing with using bloodwood to unravel with and 120 imbue scroll it was a tad slow but it was easy to script and then after the 87.? i used paul script and I started with a gargoyle not a human as was suggested and it was still easy and cheap.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 02:32:31 PM »
With the price of tokens and the ability to train up a lot of the way with unraveling, I think it makes sense to start with a gargoyle.  I was thinking originally that there would be a gargoyle quest, but if it takes a token to switch its not worth it.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 04:49:12 AM »
Ok, tools are in place, what template?

120 Imbue
120 Smith
120 Tailor
100 Carpenter
100 Tinker
100 Arms Lore
80 Magery

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 05:28:46 AM »
Its tricky fitting everything on, but I generally like bowcraft on it.   On accounts where I only have one imbuer, I drop magery entirely and have GM tink on another toon.

-Mario Andretti

Tags: