Author Topic: Training an Imbuer  (Read 9882 times)

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Training an Imbuer
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 05:30:04 AM »
Honestly though, the real advantage of bowcraft is for unravelling and you could easily do that on another toon. The template you have up is probably the most flexible.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 05:33:10 AM »
Your absolutely right, I forgot about the unraveling and bows.... ok so how about:

120 Imbue
120 Smith
120 Tailor
100 Carpenter
100 Bowcraft
100 Arms Lore
80 Tinkering
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 05:37:41 AM »
I think you are 20 points over.

There doesn't seem to be a high end unravel opportunity right now, so unraveling bows is probably OK left on a toon with lesser imbue.  I am inclined to go with your original template.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 05:42:54 AM »
KK, I was thinking of having bowcraft to gain skills by unraveling. Either way, but the first template would fit my chars better. Actually... now that I think of it, I'll have to see what I already have. I think I have a carpenter/bowcrafter on my other account, so I wouldn't need carpentry on this char.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 05:51:37 AM »
Unless you are planning on making ...hmm..what is it...I think woodland armor, or bokutos's..you dont need carpentry at all. Put that on another char, or Soulstone it if you have one available. Then you can run a little magery, or chiv for getting around. Waitaminute, your not planning on doing bods so there is no reason for your crafter to ever leave the house...so you can name him agoraphobia  :)  

But seriously it isnt that hard to put Arms lore on 2 chars, and the carpentry on your 2nd char if you dont have soulstones. I have a char that is 100 mining, 100 lumberjack, 100 arms lore, 100 carpentry, 100 mage, 100 med, 100 tinker. He does all the gruntwork and carpentry, and it allowed me to have 120's on my actual crafter.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:58:06 AM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 06:05:35 AM »
You can start training with either carp or bowcraft using Garoth's, he has it set up for either.

The advantage I see to carpentry is that you can set it up to crank out woodland armor in a script that imbues it, but TT is right, that is why you would have it there. 

-Mario Andretti

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 06:17:47 AM »
I say 60 Magery at most on the template and Tinkering on a different character (probably best on a resource gatherer instead of a crafter). The only good 100 Tink does on the crafter is makes it easier to make things like Kegs right? Tools you can buy or make with the other char and pass over. I plan on going this route:

120 Smith
120 Tailor
120 Imbuing
100 Carp
100 Arms Lore
100 Bowcraft
60 Magery (use Jewelry to get additional skill if needed)
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 06:20:51 AM »
You need the 100 tink to make exc jewelery, but again, like you said 12X, you can easily put that on your gatherer he needs it anyway to make shovels and other tools that can be passed over to the crafter (if you dont want to put tink on your main crafter) If you have Soulstones available though it makes it easy to swap out 100 bowcraft with 100 carpentry any time you want, so that way you can have everything on one guy.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 06:23:52 AM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 06:28:44 AM »
Yeah, on my primary shards I tend to have extra Soulstones and do just that but on the resource gatherer I keep it down to about 75-80 and put those extra points elsewhere. When SS's are an issue or I don't want to waste them I've had zero issues keeping the 100 Tink on the resource gatherer, like you said he needs it anyhow.

The other place where the tinkering being on the crafter is important would be Heartwood scripting though but you don't really need GM for that.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 07:47:05 AM »
I say 60 Magery at most on the template and Tinkering on a different character (probably best on a resource gatherer instead of a crafter). The only good 100 Tink does on the crafter is makes it easier to make things like Kegs right? Tools you can buy or make with the other char and pass over. I plan on going this route:

120 Smith
120 Tailor
120 Imbuing
100 Carp
100 Arms Lore
100 Bowcraft

I think this is the template to go with, and add in +20 Magery to get it to 80 so you can make Void Orbs as well.

I'll start this guy out sometime over the 4th holiday.... I'm taking some time off and probably going camping this week, then come back for the 4th.

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 04:28:19 PM »

120 Smith
120 Tailor
120 Imbuing
100 Carp
100 Arms Lore
100 Bowcraft

I think this is the template to go with, and add in +20 Magery to get it to 80 so you can make Void Orbs as well.

I'll start this guy out sometime over the 4th holiday.... I'm taking some time off and probably going camping this week, then come back for the 4th.
Can you make void orbs without tinker?
i run the same, but with tinker, and bowcraft on stone. Can make bokutos for residue. Blackstaffs and woodland armor are reason enough to keep carpentry. ad in bokutos, and you have a winner. Stone on bowcraft just to make bows, then stone it off. Not enough of a demand (at least on my shard) to warrant building around it.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 05:27:43 PM »
Cheapest method i've found so hard. (Not Fully scripted, have it in pieces though)

;50-55 Iron Hammer 1 luck
;55-60 Iron Hammer 15 Luck
;60-65 Iron Hammer 19 Luck
; Citrine Usage < 1k
;65-70 Iron Hammer 29 Luck
;70-75 Gold Hammer 1 Luck
; Citrine Usage < 2k
;75-80 Gold Hammer 9 Luck
;80-85 Gold Hammer 19 Luck
; Citrine usage 4k
;85-90 Gold Hammer 1 Hit Dispel
;90-95 Gold Hammer 9 Hit Dispel
;Ambers 2k

Can't remember after that.... know I wrote it down so far..... took about 1 day to go from 40-120 last time I did it with a friend, but I was there with him all day changing the settings in the script.

Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 06:36:08 PM »
If you can figure out the rest of the cycle, send it to me.  My imbue trainer is due for a re-write and I have it on my list of things to do.

-Mario Andretti

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 04:47:12 AM »
I got to 76.8 using the unraveler. No gains after that. Human who has already eaten the 120 scroll.

I'm going to finish off his Smithing (96.0 now) then finish up imbuing with Paul's trainer.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 05:36:07 AM »
Unravel bloodwood bows
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: