Author Topic: New Account management system.  (Read 8879 times)

Offline bodfatherTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New Account management system.
« on: August 18, 2011, 05:33:27 PM »
  As requested by Paulonius, i am doing a little up to date on the new account management system.

Here via UO Stratics we have a step by step guide to setting up accounts you never plan on getting banned. Yes you CAN add in accounts that aren't associated with the email you registered as your master account.

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/248715-%7Bguide%7D-how-get-your-accounts-management-page.html

Since this obviously will not apply to anyone that will ever read this, it leaves a situation bigger than what's on Jersey Shore. What do WE do with our scripting accounts?

Since it's still unknown wether marks on accounts effect master accounts some are trying to make alt master accounts. It was also said on Stratics the new TOS says only one master account. It also goes on to say they're ok in another section (UNVERIFIED INFO)

One person was ip banned (suspecious activity)from using the account management system for making 9 alt master accounts under the emails of his accounts. Until a dev says yes or no to multiple master accounts it is extremely advised to not try to create multiples.

Until the whole process is explained and clarified by Devs or engineers i firmly believe the best process of proceeding in heavy scripting would be by using a proxy server/junker email to register scripting account.

More info will definately be posted as received.

Bodfather-
(if you find this thread useful and informing <3 me!)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: New Account management system.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 06:25:42 AM »
Make other master accounts from public ip and then you have nothing to worry about. Also I do not believe they can say anything if you mention that the other account is actually your neighbors but he is using you credit card because he does not have his own. :)

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 06:58:37 AM »
I have my scriptor account listed under my brother's name.  He seriously wants to play the game but can't afford the monthly fee so I am paying for it.

Honest ;)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 07:33:46 AM »
If i decide I need 4/5 or 500 accounts then that is what I will make, tos be dammed.  Ban me and save me the monthly payments please.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 09:41:41 AM »
Thanks for making this thread BODMan.  I think it makes sense for us to pool information on a topic like this and I appreciate your sharing.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 10:16:14 AM »
Not a problem at all.

Right now EA/Mythic/Bioware whatever tag they're under right now are being very tightlipped on everything. I haven't seen one single post by staff on even how to set this up so it's up to the players to figure this out.

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 04:31:30 PM »
If i decide I need 4/5 or 500 accounts then that is what I will make, tos be dammed.  Ban me and save me the monthly payments please.

I decided the exact same thing.

Offline Guadah

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Guadah has no influence.
  • Who farted?!
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • L%N Website
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 07:52:18 PM »
Just FYI.

If you have not purchased High Sea's.  Call EA, wait the time period you have to to get a Tech on the line and said you had purchased a Code before the Merger started, they will escalate it to a higher tech support staff ( a Ticket system ) at which point the Tech that gets your Ticket assigned to him... will just upgrade your account.

I did this just to see, and my account is now High Sea's upgraded.  No Code purchased, no Code Receipt requested when I was on the phone or via the Ticket system.  Since the Code Redeeming process is broken, you can get away with this for a limited time ( I'm assuming ).

I have already attached both accounts I have together, so if I get a perma ban... of the f*ck well, I guess I'll head over to WoW for good.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 07:43:10 PM »
8-21-11 The account management system went through another overhaul for...unknown?

Here is the link to the account management page since once again this was rushed and was forgotten to be relinked to the uo.com
https://accounts.eamythic.com/

As of right now gametime and promo codes still do not work and billing info has YET again been wiped.

More info as soon as i get it.

--Bodfather

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 11:13:41 PM »
Thanks for the update.  Really need them to get gametime codes worked out.  My mining account is sitting in the account management abyss, and I'm not messing with it until they get those working.  :-\

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 06:17:48 AM »
I just got the email saying that my main account is now off but I recieved the same info a week back for another account.  I'm not keen to link them all so I'll just wait and see what gives.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 06:33:55 AM »
Yea... I didn't touch anything until I wasn't able to log into my account.  I was able to see that they included the option to cancel an account now but haven't seen an obvious method for dropping an account and registering it to a different email.  I am curious if they are trying to eliminate people swapping accounts?  To me it makes more since that they would instead be making it so that if you wanted to switch an account to a different owner that they would force you to pay that $30.00 fee for owner transfer that they have made available in the past.  It will be interesting to see how they handle this as well as how banning of accounts will work for those of us that have multiple accounts registered under 1 master account.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 06:55:03 AM »
They shut off one of my accounts for lack of billing info. I actually wanted that one to go down so that worked out well. The account i reactivated and paid for during this mess has had it's billing info wiped yesterday but im also not touching it until it's turned off.

The account transfer is also down as well.

Also: i've had a SA upgrade sitting for almost 2 weeks that i can't use so i called to see if they could manually do it. The tech guy said give them 1 more day then just call and tell whoever it still says invalid code and they will be more than happy to generate new codes and apply them. O'RLLY? I think i deserve a freebie for dealing with thier mess.

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 07:47:06 AM »
Also: i've had a SA upgrade sitting for almost 2 weeks that i can't use so i called to see if they could manually do it. The tech guy said give them 1 more day then just call and tell whoever it still says invalid code and they will be more than happy to generate new codes and apply them. O'RLLY? I think i deserve a freebie for dealing with their mess.

I think there are a lot of users that deserve to have a freebie for having to put up with this mess.  I have been one of the lucky ones and haven't had anything major happen to me or my accounts.  "Yet"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 11:04:29 AM »
  Everyone that uses reoccuring billing may want to check their bank/cc charges.

Seems EA has been overbilling several people for days.

Todays FYI update of the knee high manure mess i now call "the great migration of 2011".

Tags: