Author Topic: New Account management system.  (Read 8878 times)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: New Account management system.
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 11:15:16 AM »
They actually cancelled one of my accounts yesterday because of "incomplete" billing information.  It was complete enough for the last 12 years... lol
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline bodfatherTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 12:05:01 PM »
Yeah one of mine went down but luckily it was the one i wanted to go down so it was good for me.

The one i JUST activated on the 13th had the billing wiped again but it's showing active until 9-13.

But you have to watch because im reading on stratics they're double billing and or billing inactive accounts. It's wierd because it's not hitting every single one just hit and miss on some.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 05:14:59 PM »
My Atl castle account was cancelled for the same reason.  I am going to have to call customer service.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »
I managed to get it re-instated through the website without a need to call.  Their new website is frankly very confusing, but once I got all my accounts linked to the master account, I fumbled long enough to figure it out.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 05:28:09 PM »
I managed to get it re-instated through the website without a need to call.  Their new website is frankly very confusing, but once I got all my accounts linked to the master account, I fumbled long enough to figure it out.

Is thier any known side effects to not linking your accounts at this time ?
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 05:32:35 PM »
I can't see how it's any different; they knew to link them via my email I used.  If they wanted to come after me in the early days, they sure could have. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 05:32:54 PM »

Good question, I'm still of the mindset to keep all of them separate if possible.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 06:08:47 PM »

I don't think it's possible to log into account management without having a master account and there's a possibility you could get ip banned for suspicious activity. Also haven't heard any official word if it's acceptable for multiple master accounts.

Once you link them there's no undoing it. Same with entering billing info right now. Once it's there it's there for good.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 06:52:51 PM »
I managed to get it re-instated through the website without a need to call.  Their new website is frankly very confusing, but once I got all my accounts linked to the master account, I fumbled long enough to figure it out.

I don't think it's possible to log into account management without having a master account and there's a possibility you could get ip banned for suspicious activity. Also haven't heard any official word if it's acceptable for multiple master accounts.

Once you link them there's no undoing it. Same with entering billing info right now. Once it's there it's there for good.

umm what i meant is... I haven't touched my accounts... I haven't created master accounts .. i just haven't done anything...

On another note their's nothing suspicious having multiple-diff accounts from the same ip. Unless were talking large numbers of accounts banning for that is just plain idiotic.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:54:53 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 07:15:21 PM »
You may be forced to, EN.  That's how they have the new website structured.  If your credit card expires, you'll have to convert.  I don't see any way around it.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 07:35:58 PM »
You may be forced to, EN.  That's how they have the new website structured.  If your credit card expires, you'll have to convert.  I don't see any way around it.

Well thats in 3years then. LOL

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 04:54:40 AM »
EN: They're ip banning for multiple master accounts (the only way to get in to activate your accounts). They wiped the billing info when they did the switch. Whenever your account is up for renewal you'll have to do it.

I believe i figured out the double billing people are complaining about. I'll put in a timeline to show my theory.

-Aug 13th: migration "complete", billing was wiped people saw the button to subscribe and entered their cc info leading to an auto payment to EA which stacked if their account was still active.
-Aug 20th: Another take down maint that wiped billing info again, for a second time people entered their cc info and hit the subscribe making a double payment to EA within 2 weeks.

When you log in to look at your account it'll give a start date and end date (end date is when your account will be shut down) Even if there's no billing on it, as long as it shows active and you can log in don't screw with it.

When it comes up though i do highly suggest using a prepaid card or just gametime (if they have codes working anytime soon). I haven't found a single way to remove cc/debit card info.

Figured something new out: when looking under your accounts in the account management page it'll show Active or closed.
If it's active it'll show either:
Ultima Online Subscription--This when you pay for it in one form or another
  OR
CS UO Subscription---THIS IS A FREEBIE FROM Customer Support. DON'T MESS WITH THIS
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:52:30 AM by bodfather »

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, 06:02:54 AM »
EN: They're ip banning for multiple master accounts (the only way to get in to activate your accounts). They wiped the billing info when they did the switch. Whenever your account is up for renewal you'll have to do it.

Is this confirmed? And if so... do you mean they are doing this for people that create more than 1 master account or are they doing this for people caught scripting?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 06:12:02 AM »
When it first came out this poor guy on stratics outside the US had no idea what he was doing and made a different master account for all 7 of his accounts, since they all had different emails attached to them.

He was IP banned for the suspicious activity more than likely an anti hack code on the system. Someone checked into the TOS after he posted that and read multiple master accounts were a no no but then later on down the TOS it looked as if it was going to be ok.

Right now there's no official word on what to do about anything..

Haven't heard anything about scripters cause that's just taboo on the carebear forums ya know.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 06:51:57 AM »
When it first came out this poor guy on stratics outside the US had no idea what he was doing and made a different master account for all 7 of his accounts, since they all had different emails attached to them.

He was IP banned for the suspicious activity more than likely an anti hack code on the system. Someone checked into the TOS after he posted that and read multiple master accounts were a no no but then later on down the TOS it looked as if it was going to be ok.

Well thats plain stupid...  some households contain more than one person.. some external IP addresses serve many 100's of people...  lol well when i carnt log in i will take a look at see whats going on.

Tags: