Author Topic: Golems and training  (Read 7798 times)

Offline MasscreTopic starter

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Golems and training
« on: June 15, 2008, 05:52:21 PM »
Ok i have hit a problem.  I have used a golem to train before, but know as of this week.  Either I am doing something wrong(forgotten something) or it doesn't work anymore.  Can some one give me a walk through (quick reminder) so i can see if I am doing anyhting wrong. Also skill levels necesary to use one.

Offline Knight

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Knight has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Golems and training
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 06:16:59 AM »
if im not mistaken you have to be atleast 70 skill to use golem... and to use golem say all guard me, then attack golem and let him hit you once then say all guard me again and he shouldnt hit you anymore.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 07:28:09 AM »
i thought it was 80 skill needed. However i could be wrong because i am a definate newb :)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 09:59:28 AM »
The skill needed is really dependent on the Wrestling of the golem which, in turn, is dependent on the tinkering skill of the person who made the golem.

The general rule of thumb is 80 skill however 70-75 isn't out of the question, especially if the golem has less than 95 or 96 wrestling.

It will help us help you Masscre if we know what the exact issue you are having is. Are you not gaining? Are you getting whacked around by the golem? Are you damaging the golem and want to know how to stop it? Etc.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 10:41:15 AM »
Isn't there that whole 100% poison damage weapon thing too?  Sorry, I never actually trained on a golem.  I've always had a farming script running that sufficiently trains many skills at once.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 11:23:32 AM »
Unfortunately they nerfed the Golem a number of patches ago to where they will take a very small amount of Poison damage now. For most 100% poison weps it equates to only 1-3 points of damage per hit however this now causes the durability of the weapon to go down as well as will eventually kill the golem. There are still "pre-patch" golems out there where these weapons still do zero damage.

There are tricks to keep the golem healed, everything from using Gift of Renewal on the golem to using tinkering repair deeds and walking to the tinker shop every little while. I typically either set my tinker next to the golem with a loop repairing it every now and then or I soulstone tinkering over to the char training so that it can repair without outside help or a tinker shop.

Of course wrestling can be trained without damaging a golem by wielding a fishing pole; this is a bug though and will likely be fixed eventually. Hmm, I should post this in the WinUO Bug forum in case some people don't know about it.

XII

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 11:24:54 AM »
well i guess i don't have to get on winuo to know the bug now :)  because i was just informed by you :)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 04:41:18 PM »
i think it maybe related to skill level once i got to low 60ish tactics skill start climbing semi fast.  But i still have weapon skill in the low 50's and it is not climbing.  Am I mistaken or was there something about training the weapon skill in trammel that it would climb slow on a golem. Think I tried this before and the weapon skill was almost 2/3's as slow building in trammel?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 04:15:19 AM »
See above. You need to have higher weapon skill. Put on some jewelry.

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 05:30:16 PM »
Ok I put some numbers on it now.  You need weapon and tactics skills at 63 before you can use a golem.  You can use jewelry to get you to the 63 than take them off once you are at a real 63 skill and train more.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 02:40:44 AM »
As I mentioned above, the number 63 depends on the wrestling skill of the golem.

Glad to see your problem is solved!

XII

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 07:29:29 PM »
I use a non gm golem and start at 40 skill when i get in the 80's i switch to gm.  THat is basically a pretty darn easy way to go as far as rule of thumbs.  If you are non gaining on you non gm golem toss on a ring or brace for a littel bit and then take it off when it is time.

They also changed the commands to make them flag about a month ago.  Check out me new golem fighter.  you can pick the skills you want to train and the skill levels to stop at.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 09:49:32 AM »
If you are able and have a Spellweaver charming an Artic Ogre Lord via Dryad Allure will work just like the old Golems did prior to the change. AOL's are 100% immune to poison. So get a  100% poison weapon and go to town. The AOL will still need periodic healing and will take some damage but it still works very well. I 120'd my swords about a week ago and it only took me 2 Nights from 90...not bad in my opinion. Now I just need to finish off the bushido with Lightning Strike but all these great scripts have derailed that endeavor for the moment!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 05:30:09 PM »
You need to be within roughly 20 skill of the golems wrestling. So if you're golem has 90 skill, you need to be around 70 to use that specific golem. If your skills aren't high enough you can always use jewels to get you in the proper range.

Offline blazehammer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • blazehammer has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 11:03:48 PM »
yeah i wondered why i was taking damage from golem i wasn't wording it right  thanks for reminder

Tags: