Author Topic: razor help  (Read 6422 times)

Offline jawetzelTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jawetzel has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
razor help
« on: September 14, 2015, 07:42:12 PM »
Recently came back to the game, I'm trying to get razor working.

downloaded fresh install of uo and razor, everything is up to date, running everything in admin mode.

it will let me login to my osi account and then it gets stuck trying to load the character selection screen after i select a server.

i tried using a secondary account and that one worked, but it wont get past that connecting screen on my main account.

any ideas for a fix or what might be causing the problem?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: razor help
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 02:00:10 AM »
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 07:59:40 AM »
yeah. i already looked at that as well as several others, all those settings are correct in my setup. the issue im having is limited to one account, no matter who tries to use it, i got razor to work with a different account on the same computer, and my friend who i got to try to use it having the same issue, and he also uses razor for his accounts

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 08:06:33 AM »
Oh I see. I would have realized that had I read better, sorry about that.

The fact that both you and your friend have tried it on two different computers with the same issue is bizarre. One question, have you tried logging in to the same account/server/character without using Razor, just run client.exe first?

X

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 08:49:19 AM »
yeah, logging in without razor it works, its just razor on that one account on any computer

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 08:57:05 AM »
Wow, guess you've got me stumped!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 09:30:14 AM »
lol, thats not the answer i was looking for, you guys were supposed to be greater minds than i

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 10:09:05 AM »
We are...we are...

;)

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 10:11:52 AM »
yeah. i already looked at that as well as several others, all those settings are correct in my setup. the issue im having is limited to one account, no matter who tries to use it, i got razor to work with a different account on the same computer, and my friend who i got to try to use it having the same issue, and he also uses razor for his accounts

Is this Account a Beta-Account? I noticed they merged a new Shard onto Shardlist wich may have own packets. If thats the case Razor has yet no information about that packets.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 11:36:28 AM »
i dont think its beta, but its been around > 14 years

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 03:27:16 PM »
so this something razor might fix? i tried paging a gm, and just told them it was intermetant. but there not going to be able to re-create the problem since razor isnt legal

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 03:58:28 PM »
so this something razor might fix? i tried paging a gm, and just told them it was intermetant. but there not going to be able to re-create the problem since razor isnt legal

If you are playing a normal shard, then there still must be something with your setup that's different because there hasn't been anyone else saying they have issues.  I honestly don't use Razor or UOS anymore since I use my Launcher and Stealth to get to the freeshards I play.  However if we get a clamor that others have issues, then we know where the problem is.

Have you tryed running UO/Razor using a compatibililty mode for Win7 or Win98?  What version of Windows are you using right now and have you tried to get another computer running and connected to UO using Razor?  Have you tried UOS?  I guess it's time to start mixing up the methods to try and diagnose your issues.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 12:40:09 AM »

Have you tried to run the account with uos or stealth? if you pm me the data i could test if i can connect with stealth.
As TM said if its only that one account either server side is involved our your setup for that acccount.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 10:57:01 AM »
i was going to try it with steam, but i couldn't find a working download link, the people who took over the project a wile back let the domain go, and its no longer there

i really think its account bound issue though, i tried a 2nd acct and had no issues getting razor to work, and i had a friend try my account who uses razor for all his accounts, and he had no issues getting it to work with his accts, but couldn't get it to work with mine on his computer

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2015, 07:08:10 AM »
Are you pointing to the right client file.  You can manully browse to it.

Tags: