Author Topic: Practicing with my 1st script  (Read 2053 times)

Offline forsakenlyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • forsakenly has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Practicing with my 1st script
« on: March 31, 2012, 11:21:37 AM »
Thank you for all the scripts, help, and tools that are at scriptuo. I have been leeching for a long time now and so decided it is finally time to try writing my own that maybe someday I can contribute.

I am a beginner with euo and so my first script is taking a long time and is probably not efficient but doing this should give me a lot of good experience.

I am trying to make a simple automated rail type thing for the solen matriarch quest with 7 steps. I play on a free shard and use a lot of razor macros to help make the script simpler. I have some questions though that hopefully someone can assist with. I start out already having accepted the quest and fulfilling the requirement to kill seven infiltrators. Now I just need to automate the portion done in the hive.

1. entering the hive (i use euo to move me next to the entrance then use the  command(click 285 178 d) to enter, sometimes it does not work and uo takes it as two single clicks. I do the double click command twice and that seems to remedy the situation, just wondering if there is a better way)

2. running through the passages into the queen's chamber(this part is easy but just real long. I have about 20 way points that I use with the move command to get me to the queen's chamber)

3. talking to her to get the quest to fill the water vat(this part I have not been able to accomplish. I use (finditem tceb g) and that gives me the #findx and #findy coordinates of where ever the queen is standing at. I need to bring up the menu on her which gives the talk option to initiate dialogue with her. However I am doing something wrong, I try using (click #findx #findy) but that does nothing and the script freezes there.)

4. Filling the water vat(this part can be done entirely using a razor macro for now)
5. talking to her again (same problem as step 3)
6. giving her 200 fungus(this part can be done entirely using a razor macro for now)
7. starting quest over again and recalling out to kill seven of the infiltrators(most of this i do manually)

Offline jawetzel

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jawetzel has no influence.
    • View Profile
Re: Practicing with my 1st script
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 11:26:28 AM »
im awaiting the update for easyuo so i cant go and try it, but have you looked to see if the dark hole shows up as a #lobjectid when used?

if so:

set #lobjectid %hole
event macro 17
wait 40

Offline forsakenlyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • forsakenly has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 12:48:52 PM »
Such an easy solution for that part jawetzel, thank you.

I feel like such the new guy!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:03:19 AM »
check out some of my snippets located...   http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=2454.msg23613#msg23613  good luck :)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: