Author Topic: *Hail to the Chief plays*  (Read 3645 times)

Offline rwekTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • rwek has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
*Hail to the Chief plays*
« on: January 22, 2015, 03:35:11 PM »
The band always plays that when I enter a room....

Wow, lets see - I played UO a week or so after it released. I guess that was 1997 -  It started a very long game addiction.  I should have probably sought out rehab a few times.

Its like 17 years later, and I can still remember highlights from playing UO in that first year.  I played w/ my brother at the time and we did well in pvp that I credit to the use of phone....

This is before skype and such things.  We coordinated attacks well that others just didnt have the communication to do.  I remember launching earth quake scrolls from inside the house. Logging out, letting him log in and dropping his EQ scrolls.  Then going outside to loot 40+ bodies who had come to raid us on a regular basis.

The memories go on and on.  I came back to UO after a long list of MMOs sometimes around 2006/7.  Did some PvM and then got into pvp w/ a cool group at Yew Gate.  I quit the game for what I thought was the last time. I figured letting my Fel tower fall full of stuff would give a couple hours of good pvp for the shard.  Sadly in 2014 I've returned wishing I had at least kept my soulstones.  So is life.

The depth of UO is unmatched on so many levels. I wish i had kept my account current since release.  I really don't know why I didnt take a break and keep on paying.

The wifes a lazy pig, so you really don't want her measurements.  When I'm not working or gaming I love to duck hunt.  I've got a black lab that means the world to me.  I once saw a photo tagged " he paid more for his duck dog then my engagement right"  It's true - don't spend too much on fat chicks.

My scripting skills usually cap out by trying to "update" some outdated script.  I can usually get them functioning but don't have the knowledge or dedication to write truly functional scripts.

I don't think I was on this sight back in 2007. Not sure if it was up then.  I did have a source for some "advanced" scripts, but really can't remember where they came from.

I'm back, looking to focus on PVM for a while - acquire some wealth and hone the pvp skills. 

I would like to share 2 of my best UO moments though from 1997/98

These "raiders" they often tried to catch my brother and I outside of Destard show up one morning.  This is when u had a key to your house.  We used to keep the key safe on our vendor.  Well darned if they didnt kill me and get the key.  We had LOTS of stuff in our house.  All these blues had crammed inside shouting look at all the stuff, let me out - let me out I can't move etc.  These chumps were in their glory. I didnt want to, but I had to telephone my brother to let him know what happened.  Just as I was about to dial - Server going down in 5 minute msg comes up.  Everything backed up - and it made my day knowing these guys got a good look at how rich we were :-)

2 friends came out of that deal - Righty Left and Lefty Righty   - They gave in and went red.    New PKs living near Destard 1998 Chesapeake

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: *Hail to the Chief plays*
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 06:07:00 PM »
Thanks for the intro, restricted status is lifted, so have a look around !
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 06:31:13 PM »
We won't tell on you with your wife.  lol. Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 07:04:50 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 07:41:20 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 10:32:14 PM »
Welcome back nto game and to SUO

Tags: new