Author Topic: Have Unlimited Data on your 4g Phone? Good News for You!  (Read 6074 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Have Unlimited Data on your 4g Phone? Good News for You!
« on: August 14, 2012, 08:17:06 PM »
So, I still have a "Grandfathered" Phone plan from Alltel, on my Smartphone, with unlimited Data. They recently Nerfed the ability to ADD new plans to such packages as of June 2012, but they left Phones still on these plans alone.

There is a way, and you might need to have some decent connections with people here, to swap your Sim Card from your Phone to a 4g Usb Internet Device and Have unlimited 4g Internet. Big Deal Right? Well, if you are in a fairly Rural Area, you can get Download speeds up to 20 Mbps, and uploads up to 15 Mbps. With the Right Equipment ($800), you can also Boost that signal to max even if you live out in the sticks like me.

I Did this with my old phone, and just purchased a new phone under a crappy verizon plan. Basically Giving me 20x the speed of my Old Unlimited data 3g Card for $20 Less.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Have Unlimited Data on your 4g Phone? Good News for You!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 08:21:43 PM »
Oh, thats a tasty tidbit.  What's that special equipment?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 02:14:41 PM »
I wonder about AT&T I still have a 3g unlimited plan on one of my phones that is a grandfathered plan. I almost turned it off last month because I never use that phone any more?

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 04:14:26 PM »
CradlePoint MBR 900 Router
Wilson Panel Antenna (4g)
Wilson Multi-Band Antenna 700-2500 mHz
UM290 Data Card
Wilson 700 mHz  70 db AMP
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: