Author Topic: Bard Mastery  (Read 15380 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Bard Mastery
« on: July 06, 2011, 10:41:47 AM »
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:10:25 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Bard Mastery
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 11:17:19 AM »
Great thread Paulo!

Moved to UO Reference Information.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline A Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • A Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 11:42:09 AM »

1. Does the melee damage increase from provoking mastery INSPIRE, go above the 300 DI cap, or is this applied independantly of that cap?
No, it is hard capped and will not rise.

2. Does the SDI increase from provoking mastery INSPIRE go above the current 15% limit in PvP?
Yes

3. Does the decrease in damage for PERSEVERENCE apply the same way as the decrease for riding an armored swampie?  If so, does it stack with that decrease?
Yes and it does stack.  It should be noted that with a 480 bard all real skill the DCI increase is 20+ as is the damage reduction.

4. The mastery book includes all six "spells", can you use the spells from another mastery once you have completed your chosen quest? Answer:  No, you can only cast the two spells from the mastery for which you have most recently completed the quest.  

5. Can you invis/ hide/ smoke to break a mob off without interrupting the effect? [appears that you can, still testing]
I am almost sure this is the case also, though I only use the peacemaking spells.

6. Does Lower Mana Cost affect master effects? It appears that it does lower the cost of both casting and upkeep. at 40% LMC, the peace spells cost 5 and 6 mana for upkeep respectively.  instead of 8 each.  
It should also be noted that you recieve a lower mana cost when you have a 480 bard, I believe that at 360 the cost is lower but I am not 100% sure.

I'll edit this to show the benifits of 480 when I get home but this type of char gets better spells then what is quoted in the original stuff.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:43:55 AM by A Canuker »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 12:23:36 PM »
Cannucker, can you give me some details on where you are getting your information?
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 12:45:29 PM »
Actually, I think you can use Provo and Disco at the same time.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
I have tried using different bard spells outside of the pathway and have been unable to do so without taking the quest to change the path.  However, you can be a provo bard master and use disco -- you just can't cast the disco bard master spells. I will put that clarification into the FAQ.

-Mario Andretti

Offline A Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • A Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 01:24:57 PM »
My mistake on the PVP and SDI, this will not go above cap I had thought the question was about PVM. 

All of my information is from running my own bard and questions I have placed or read on stratics and then confirmed after.

I have casted invis many times on my guy and does break the line of sight that a monster uses to lock onto your char.  When you have the peacemaking spells cast it will auto reveal you though.

You cannot go over the hard cap of 25HPI from the Invigorate spell.

At 480 real skill you will get 11 mana regen, hpr and stam regen for your party.  Poison cures at the same time rate as vampiric embrace, as does curse reduction and bleeding. 

I don't often cast Perseverance as I cannot keep both this and Resilience going for long on my bard(I only really use this spell stuff for soloing corgul and found Resilience the best spell to cast).  At 40 LMC and 20+ mana regen I could keep both spells going for a long time but I cannot cast heal on my wammy for long so I just leave the Peresvarance alone due to the mana cost of both spells and healing.  My bard is 480 barding, 120 med, 110 magery and what ever was left over into focus.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 02:53:42 PM »
Seems as though you ought to be able to adjust your suit and get to where you are mana positive running both of the peace or both of the provo spells.  I was able to do both and will post up templates when I get through with the testing I am doing.

Aside from that, thanks for sharing Canuker,  really solid information and I will incorporate it into the post.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 03:44:22 PM »
Just adding to my other postings that I can't edit cause I seem to have two accounts and only noticed that today while at work....anyways.

When at 480 skill the peacemaking gives 11 regens and 22% DCI/Damage reduction and +6% casting focus.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 08:25:38 AM »
Questions 1,2, and 9 are still unanswered.  If anyone has time to run some tests, get on test center and see what you can do to help finish this thread!!

If you have questions about bard mastery that you want answers for, or if you have some that we have not thought of that you have figured out on your own, please don't hesitate to add value to this thread!

-Mario Andretti

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 09:15:25 AM »
9. Re Provo Mastery Invigorate:

9a. Does the HP increase count against the respective caps?  Can it exceed those caps?

I asked this same question on Stratics and was told that it does not allow you to go over cap.

9b. Does the healing benefit of Invigorate heal through poison? 

I suspect it would not but I did not test this.  I found the other spells were much more effective for group or solo situations for the hugh regens and the greatly reduced timeline of curse's.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 12:58:07 PM »
Canuker, I got on test center, tracked down five rabits and did some testing on the provoking spells.  Results posted above.  Short answer is that Invigorate does not heal through poison, but does exceed caps for stat/HP increase.  My test toon had 125 str and 112 hits.  I put on +22 HPI stuff out of my bank box, then used invigorate and ended up with 167 HP. 

-Mario Andretti

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 01:49:55 PM »
Did you managed to cast the other spell?  I suspect that hci would increase by 22% as would SDI but what about DI?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 05:59:09 PM »
I did, but it was tough to tell on the damage what the exact number was on DI. I think max was 58%, but with maybe 70% confidence. The others were as you predict

-Mario Andretti

Tags: