Author Topic: Hello fellow scripters!  (Read 475 times)

Offline tomgreenfunnyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tomgreenfunny has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello fellow scripters!
« on: January 28, 2024, 07:19:01 AM »
Hello fellow scripters!
I am excited to join this community of talented scripters and contribute to our collective knowledge. Allow me to introduce myself.

I may be a newcomer to scripting, but I'm eager to learn and share my progress. Over the past few weeks, I've been exploring various aspects of scripting, and I've already developed a few working scripts that I believe could be beneficial to our community.

My main areas of interest include automation, gaming scripts, Python scripting, etc. I'm also open to collaborating on projects and learning from experienced scripters here.

I've been a dedicated Ultima Online player for years, finding joy in the camaraderie and adventures the game offers. However, one thing that's been missing is a strong presence on my server, which got me thinking.

My journey into scripting started out of sheer curiosity, and now I'm eager to learn, create, and collaborate with fellow enthusiasts. With over a decade of experience in education, I bring a commitment to learning and problem-solving.

Currently, I'm working on a "Bribe Up" script to streamline the handling of bulk order deeds in the game. It's functional, but I believe there's room for improvement. I'd love to share it with the community, gather feedback, and see where we can take it.

In the coming days, I'll be sharing some of my scripts and seeking feedback from you all. I'm here to learn, improve, and contribute to our collective knowledge. If you have any tips, suggestions, or resources to share with a newcomer like me, please don't hesitate to reach out.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and becoming an active member of this wonderful community. Let's make scripting fun and productive together!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 08:06:34 AM by tomgreenfunny »

Offline Anvil

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Anvil has no influence.
  • Patience is a virtue.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
Re: Hello fellow scripters!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 07:39:50 AM »
Hello tomgreenfunny!

Welcome!

Klingon:
'ach qorDu'wIj vIsaHbe' jIH'e'.

Offline tomgreenfunnyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • tomgreenfunny has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024, 07:51:19 AM »
+1
I've been working on a "Bribe Up" script that's currently functional but needs some fine-tuning. This script aims to streamline the process of bribing NPCs with bulk order deeds. I believe it can be a valuable tool for the community.

Offline Anvil

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Anvil has no influence.
  • Patience is a virtue.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024, 07:54:52 AM »
Tom,

I do not have experience with bods, however, my best friend in game has nearly 100k bods in storage. I would be interested in picking your brain with bod scripts!
If you need any assistance let me know!

Hopefully soon you will have newbie status!
(A bit more about yourself is probably a good idea!)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 07:57:09 AM by Anvil »

Klingon:
'ach qorDu'wIj vIsaHbe' jIH'e'.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2024, 09:14:22 AM »
+1
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2024, 09:46:46 AM »
+1
  WELCOME!

Tags: