Author Topic: New Member  (Read 560 times)

Offline texus76Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • texus76 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« on: January 30, 2024, 08:15:14 AM »
Greetings fellow UO players, I have joined with hopes of being able to take advantage of you smart people that can assist us (not so smart People) in the scripting area.

Al little about myself. 

I am Retired Army and have a family I spent a little over 20 years in the Army in the IT arena.  I have been deployed to Bosnia, Iraq and Afghanistan where I lost brothers and sisters.  Once I retired from the Army I became a contractor working on the base at the Mission training center and then got a better job offer at the Hospital on post.  I semi retired from the working life and took a two year break but now I am looking for work again. 

My favorite game of all time is table top D&D.  The reason for this is that you are the conduit for your thinking mind and you have to be creative in order to make something of yourself so you can enjoy the game.  I started playing MMOs in the late 90s, I started with UO and went into Everquest then Everquest II then Beta Tested WOW and I have just gotten back into UO.

I also like to go Camping, Fishing, Hunting and pretty much anything else that involves the woods.  I was a Leader in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts while my son was in and had a good time doing all the camping as it gave me a reason to go out and play in the woods and no one could say otherwise as I was participating in something else and not just for myself (grin).  I look forward to see where the future will take me and possibility getting to know some of you folks.

Thanks in advance for all you do.

--texus76
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 12:49:02 PM by texus76 »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 12:23:22 PM »
A Very Warm Welcome!

Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughfull introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more!

Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the sticked examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a four or five paragraphs will pay off with this community!

(Use a translator program if you feel you can not write in english.)

Offline Anvil

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Anvil has no influence.
  • Patience is a virtue.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 09:34:40 AM »
Welcome Texus76!

Thanks for the updated intro!

I'm also an Army Vet, looks like we may need to share some stories lol!

Klingon:
'ach qorDu'wIj vIsaHbe' jIH'e'.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 01:59:11 PM »
+1

A Very Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your expanded introduction - restricted status lifted - we hope you enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

I also am a vet (but a very old one! hehehehehe)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 03:22:04 PM »
+1
Welcome to SUO! I am also a veteran, Go Army!

Tags: