Author Topic: My miner is squishy!  (Read 3420 times)

Offline floofpunkittenTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • floofpunkitten has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
My miner is squishy!
« on: May 01, 2011, 03:52:42 AM »
I don't afk mine - but i will get up to do some housework, watch some tv, ect and it seems a monster always waits for that oppertunity to kill me such as harpies, ect. I'm wondering what you miners outfit yourselves with. I have lumberjacking, but no tactics. I wear 100% lrc suit but the resists aren't very good. any advice?

Thanks!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: My miner is squishy!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 10:33:57 AM »
Hci, dci, mage weapon(ifmagery) otherwise swordsmanship. Gotta survive
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 11:07:12 AM »
Get a spell channeling mage weapon war axe (assuming you have GM mage).
Add rings with DCI, and _ magery
The War axe is one handed (the only one handed axe to my knowledge)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 11:20:14 AM »
I use a -0 mage weapon and as much physical resist on my LRC suit as possible when mining, haven't died to spawn since I started doing that. Oh, and I never run with more than 110 Magery so that seems to be fine.

With LJ, not sure why worry about 1 handed vs 2 handed. Shouldn't matter. Either way, I'm with Gim on the mage weapon.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 11:28:41 AM »
If yuou are running a potion shugger its nice to have a free hand. Also if you wear a good shield you can get a lot of DCI etc on it.

I read it wrong - he wants mining - so I go with 12xO and use a staff of the magi!

Offline floofpunkittenTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • floofpunkitten has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 01:23:25 PM »
Thanks for your advice. i have chiv for recall. I'll try maxing out my resists and getting some dci. Thanks!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 01:27:04 PM »
If you have no magery - you need to get a weapon skill, a good suit and a good healing script.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 05:00:35 PM »
Max reflect. Wolf eyes are cheap.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 09:42:07 PM »
You ever wonder why so many mules and crafters run around with staff of the magi's?  ;)

When I was macro mining, I used a suit with DCI, Reflect, LRC, and I ran in protection. (remember, you cannot fall under 0 FC, so if you have 0 FC, and use protection, it doesn't goto -2, it stays at 0)

However I have been thinking of revamping my old macro miner, and using a djinni's ring to get 4/6 casting, maybe modifying a macro script to utilize chiv for survivability, 4/6 Chiv heal, cure, recall. That would remove the need for LRC, and allow you to gear up for different beefier...

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 01:34:09 PM »
maybe modifying a macro script to utilize chiv for survivability, 4/6 Chiv heal, cure, recall. That would remove the need for LRC, and allow you to gear up for different beefier...

Several mining scripts out there, including mine, already support chiv.

For a while I ran with 115 Swords, 115 Tactics, and 100 Anat with 100 LJ and Mining on my resource gatherer and carried a really nice Ornate Axe and once came back to my PC to find that I had killed someone that attacked me while I was afk Lumberjacking LOL. Funny stuff.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 02:29:13 PM »
maybe modifying a macro script to utilize chiv for survivability, 4/6 Chiv heal, cure, recall. That would remove the need for LRC, and allow you to gear up for different beefier...

Several mining scripts out there, including mine, already support chiv.

For a while I ran with 115 Swords, 115 Tactics, and 100 Anat with 100 LJ and Mining on my resource gatherer and carried a really nice Ornate Axe and once came back to my PC to find that I had killed someone that attacked me while I was afk Lumberjacking LOL. Funny stuff.

X

I also combine lumberjacking and mining on the same character.   Not sure what exact other skills but enough to farm leather as well,  main weapon is a mage weapon, spell channeling Axe.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: