Author Topic: Crafting Script  (Read 3003 times)

Offline OMGBurgersTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Crafting Script
« on: February 23, 2009, 02:03:21 PM »
So I don't spam the other thread here's a shot of what I have so far.  It looks pretty confusing but it's really easier than it looks lol.  The interface is in no way near done and still has a bunch of work to be done, but you should get the basic idea.  The tables can be setup pretty quick with just the correct crafting tool since all you're doing is looking at the gump and punching in what number in the lists to select to make what you want.

It should be capable on the first version of at least tailoring, blacksmithing, tinkering, carpentry and fletching.  Already supports the salvage bag 100% which will speed up blacksmith training to a decent speed.  I think I read you salvage more using the bag too, but not 100% sure on that.  I also may make it work for Alchemy also, but again not 100% sure on that ;x.  I personally would just rather use C2's potion factory to train that because i love that script, but maybe that's the lazy in me talking haha.

Right now it *should* be completely functional with tailoring only if you use a salvage bag.  I'd like to go ahead and code in the disposal method for scissors real quick, but it's running so great I wana stress test it lol.  I'm still adjusting when it knows when to salvage.  Right now I have a sub that does a count of all the items in your main pack & your salvage bag.  If it exceeds 100 items total, or you're over 400 stones it automatically will salvage.  I'm not sure if I should adjust the max weight up more or not because of issues restocking the resources & holding too many items in the bag?  But I guess I can only know from a little adventure :P

I also plan on creating & attaching skill tables for each skill on OSI shard w/ the 120 skill cap when possible.  That way it gives a pretty good start point to make it mostly plug/play for the average user.  Free shard users will obviously have to adjust or make their own tables and would be nice if they would submit them for others to use once they made!

Still figuring out what kind of statistics to enter in.  I'm thinking current material usage, overall material usage, overall time spent, current time spent (since you pressed the start button).  Users can always clear or reset the statistics or save them in a seperate save file if they want to keep all their times/material usage seperate.  Also I think this is the first script where I have a status bar, and it actually outputs status hahaha...  Usually they all never change from "status" lol.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
crafter.jpg

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting Script
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 04:01:05 PM »
If anyone wants to take it for a spin I've attached what I have so far.  Currently the following should function:

Tailoring (Don't use other skills... yet! (Sometime tonight ;P))
Tinkering tools
Getting tools from secure
Using salvage bag or cutting
Save/Load of the large table (Not the top 3 variables)

Also if you want to craft your tools just target your resource container as your tool container.  I'll make a ignore for looking for the tool bag later if you're crafting your tools.

Again it's a very rough sample for now.  I'm sure there is some issues but if anyone's bored or has a tailor that could use some gains, maybe give it a test drive.

omgburgers_crafter - the script itself
omgburgers_tailoring.txt - the table save data (the main script will load this if you type in the correct path and load)

let me know if anyone has any problems or suggestions please!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 12:46:19 AM by OMGBurgers »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 06:54:19 AM »
Was this script ever finished?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 07:09:12 PM »
yes/no.

i use it for the basic tink/carp/smith/tailor/fletch but its not really that great.  i started re writing it recently but im taking a break from uo again.  if anyone wants where i left off, they're more than welcome to it just lmk. 

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 07:54:13 PM »
Well i would like to look at it but I dont see it posted anywhere?

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 12:08:28 AM »
samehere all i see is the jpg

Scrripty

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 01:46:47 AM »
I'm still deciding if I want to release the mother of all crafting scripts.  If he doesn't release his, I take bribes.  :)

Tags: