Author Topic: A GOOD introduction (as stated by Toptwo)  (Read 3048 times)

Offline KrilonTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Krilon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
A GOOD introduction (as stated by Toptwo)
« on: September 10, 2009, 07:43:53 PM »
explained or not, I would be making this nice long introduction for you but I can't simply atone for others as a whole.

My name is Chris. I am not a good scriptor (best I can do is a little bit of html coding), but at least I appreciate the scripts that many of you have made for the benefit of each and every person who comes. And not only that, but you guys give your scripts with no question for credit (which eliminates "citing works" on shard servers) and so I give you guys an extra plus for that.

Now with a detailed history my UO life, My main character name is and always will be "Krilon". Sometimes his last name is Bane and other times he has none (Often "Virtues" would be his adopted last name on servers where he is highly active in the virtue system as a Paladin). My home shard is Silver Mist, my UOgamers favorite is Hybrid (Old School can't be beat), and my previous paid shards were Catskills, Lake Superior (only for a month), and Oceania. I gotta say my favorite was my first one, Catskills. Its really been good to me. Superior and Oceania are a close call. They both had really good aspects and I would have hard trouble choosing between the two. Any other paid shards, I have no ideas about (although I did want to see what Siege Perilous was like...). I played the Paid shards for nearly 4 years, with Oceania being the one I played the longest for 2 1/2 years. After retiring, I joined Silver Mist and I was there for 2 years before it shutdown. My brother was able to communicate with the owner 4 years later and now the shard has been revived and renamed "The Second Age". I have about 6 years worth of veteran rewards on that server now. However, the populations went from a good 20 active a day (and at night) to almost no one but 3 people every once awhile with me on at least once a day. That is my history with shards. if your curious, you can always check server: 24.240.220.198 and port: 2595 through some medium such as razor and utilize the auto-account feature but you will find that the shard is nearly abandoned. This is NOT an advertisement since you most likely will only visit and then leave (Their is no perks or edges to joining especially since there is no active staff whatsoever currently [the owner seems to have abandoned his shard...again this time leaving it up]). You can talk to me (I am lonely) around 3:00 - 6:00 eastern time.

Now the reason I joined scriptUO was to see what people had come up with. I am currently looking for a specific as well: a sort of casting magic similar to Druidry using the animal tame skill but instead a sort of "transmutation" using the alchemy skill. It is a bright idea and I got this idea from "Fullmetal Alchemist" anime series (I normally do not care for anime but this series caught my attention. See it at funimation.com --> watch videos --> Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood). Since I am no good scriptor and since it would be a nice challenge anyways, I though I could ask someone to find or create a script using this "Fullmetal Alchemist" idea and putting it to use in-game. This is totally up to you and I'm just throwing it out there. It is not a mandatory thing to create this script. Just an idea to provide to a more professional audience to twist and use and contemplate on your own. Thanks for listening.

And thank you guys again for all the scripts you make. Please reply if you ever make a script like the described or a script of your own ideas that were initiated through the shown idea. Thanks.

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
Re: A GOOD introduction (as stated by Toptwo)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 07:53:50 PM »
Quite a great intro, thank you for the time you've spent on typing a simple few paragraph's...Don't you feel better now too? :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
Not only that, but full download access is nearly immediately granted!  Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 08:19:41 PM »
well.. damn!  Nice intro and welcome to the site

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 04:38:35 AM »
Excellent Intro, Thank you! Nice to see somebody read my post and took it to heart!

Welcome to SUO! Instant access is a sweet thing, now if you see something you like you can grab it and start using it. There are also 1000's of great posts here on about any topic you could hope to read about, plus a ton of smart ppl that are more then willing to lend a hand.

Enjoy!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 12:56:53 PM »
Thank you for putting some effort into your intro. That is nice to see for a change.

Welcome to the site!
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 07:58:03 PM »
That is one of the best or the best intro that i have seen! thanks and welcome to the site.

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 04:16:41 PM »
Nice to see somebody read my post and took it to heart!
It's the little affirmations that get you through the day huh?
That offer to see my etchings still stands...
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 04:42:28 PM »
Nice to see somebody read my post and took it to heart!
It's the little affirmations that get you through the day huh?
That offer to see my etchings still stands...

Isn't anything that helps one get through the day a good thing???
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Tags: