Author Topic: Hi ScriptUO  (Read 3550 times)

Offline dwTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • dw has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi ScriptUO
« on: September 21, 2009, 08:41:43 PM »
I've been playing UO for over a decade and still find it one of the best games out there.  I've done it all... treasure hunting, every type of dexer, tamer, mage, thief ;), alchemist, blacksmith, leatherworker, poisoner, etc.  I left OSI once they added item insurance.  Champ spawns were fun but the insurance completely nerfed thieves and looting.  (In my opinion getting looted is one of the best parts about old-school UO - it's always an adrenaline rush to die!)   I'm currently hanging out on uogamers Hybrid free shard. I'd like to take part in the forum here, trying other people's scripts and submitting my own.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 08:46:41 PM by dw »

Offline germilax

• Activity:
    0%
  • germilax has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Re: Hi ScriptUO
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 05:32:15 AM »
Welcome to the fold.  The people here are awesome!  I just joined recently as well and already feel at home.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 05:58:01 AM »
I am in agreement with you that they cut off the arms of the thief when they put item insurance in game.  It also destroyed othe rplay styles. which i believe they should complete or partially take item insurance back out.  But back on track welcome to the site and glad to have some new people joining. Abuse the search button and have a look around !

Offline germilax

• Activity:
    0%
  • germilax has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 06:02:41 AM »
I am in agreement with you that they cut off the arms of the thief when they put item insurance in game.  It also destroyed othe rplay styles. which i believe they should complete or partially take item insurance back out.  But back on track welcome to the site and glad to have some new people joining. Abuse the search button and have a look around !

I remember those days.  I remember being surrounded by pks and laughing... but seeing one grey thief I  would run for the hills.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 06:22:55 AM »
Yes i know there was a true fear when one sensed that a thief was hiden nearby but now people laugh if they know you are playing a thief because ie who would be scared of a bear with no legs?

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 01:59:34 PM »
who would be scared of a bear with no legs?
A fish with no fins?
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 12:49:29 PM »
Dr. Who without a tardis !!

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.