Author Topic: Re-introducing myself!  (Read 2892 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re-introducing myself!
« on: September 23, 2009, 07:31:17 PM »
Well, I re-read my original introduction and found it sadly lacking...so, here goes a better effort!

I have been playing UO since the beginning.  Well, perhaps not *the* beginning, as I was not part of Alpha or Beta, but certainly since retail.  Ah, the halcyon days or yore...stolen house keys, day-long reverts, the works.  As many times as I died to a goat, there was still nothing more terrifying to me than another player.  My very first character, Rhymes with Orange, was mercilessly hounded by mysterious, evil monsters who repeatedly shouted 'Corp Por' in my direction.  I found the best way to defend myself was to hide in the bushes and leap from ambush to the defense of other players.  I actually grew rather proficient at this.

Then, some scoundrel put a price on my head. 

From that point on, there was no point in venturing out of town.  Great Lakes, it seemed, was out to get me.  I retired in disgust, banking my 200,000 gold fortune and my black dye tub.

Fast forward to Age of Shadows.  I stumbled upon a website that discussed plant growing in UO, and I was intrigued.  Horticulture?  What sort of game had UO become?  Were players now content to pursue more peaceful paths?  Could I wander Sosaria in freedom again?  And what was this hyped dungeon they were about to release, called DOOM?

To my delight, I was easily able to secure a house on a new account.  I found myself so enamored of a lands where I could not be attacked without warning that I rooted around in my brain to remember my first account, and the password.  Eventually, I was able to recall both - and I also found that, while Rhymes with Orange and his 'fortune' were long gone, my veteran points had been accumulating the whole time.

I joined a guild or two and learned to spawn Champions and, later, Peerless - though I was never much use defending against those Corp Por creatures.  Time passed and my guild and spawn mates passed into history, leaving me to soldier on alone.  The only thing I had to remember them by was a Crimson Cincture.

Eventually, I hooked up with Ultima and introduced him to the wonders of Peerless hunting.  He, in turn, indoctrinated me into the ways of multi-account hunting.  Together, we expanded our knowledge of scripting - although he will tell you that I'm generally a bit better at making things work, and I'll insist that without him for inspiration, I'd never have made half the progress I did.

Now, Ultima too has left our ranks - leaving me again bereft of hunting companions.  Balhae and Sonoma echo for me, hollow without his shouting defiance and empty of our boisterous triumphs.  The Abyss is dark for me in ways it is not for other players.

I am Sampire.  I am Tamer.

I am alone.

I am NObama.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Re-introducing myself!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 07:38:33 PM »
And now you get an additional Karma point! 

Thanks for the re-intro!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 04:24:46 AM »
Excellent re-intro. I and ST I believe have both hunted with you and Ultima in the Twisted Weild. Trying for that damn uni statue (on sonoma). Trust me, you wont be the only one that misses Ultima.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 08:05:18 AM »
Wow so this is what its come to .. no EUO so might as well edit the intro... and a job well done as well +1 karma from me also.

I've moved onto playing with UOAI... I just cannot bear the throught of training imbueing by hand not going to happen.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 10:31:35 PM »
I started farming ps's with ultima awhile back on balhae. if your ever interested in spawning on balhae shoot me a pm. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 05:24:28 AM »
I went there with the thought of working with you guys at one time. I have a GM Tamer there...but nothing else. The ping times for me there were nearing 200ms, so about the time I scripted the taming up I kinda gave up there. With 200ms pings I was getting eaten by to many cu's trying to turn over the spawn.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 09:32:24 PM »
Yeah - my ping is about the same.  Somehow, Ultima was pinging like 89 to Balhae, which is why he chose that shard.

:)

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 11:00:10 PM »
Yea i'm pinging arond 200 there my self. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 06:47:13 AM »
I ping 239 to balhae, but its a ton better than pinging some of the asian shard i play on.

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 07:33:23 PM »
welcome to the site.

Tags: