Author Topic: New to Scipt UO. Long time UO Player  (Read 2575 times)

Offline pimpdaddyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • pimpdaddy has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New to Scipt UO. Long time UO Player
« on: September 25, 2009, 10:48:35 AM »
Hi Everyone,

My main character is on Lake superior which I have played on since the day I started.  I joined up right after the original beta ended!  The game is much different now then it was back then.  Those were the wild wild west day and they were a ton of fun! 

I love pvp and I hate working skills!  Way back when you didn't have to have items either!  My mage would run around naked with 75 Margery and own people!  It was great.  Simply put I wanna run around and fight not stand there and hit a wall with a shovel. 

The reason for me coming over to script uo is simple.  I just learned about it!  Had I not been searching for a replacement for UOAM i probably never would have found it.  I have used easyUO for a long time and I appreciate all the work that everyone puts in to scripts.  I myself am not very good with code and I get very frustrated quickly.  I am not quick to criticize anyone's hard work though especially when they are giving to me for free!

I look forward to being part of the community here!  I will try and not be a noob  :D

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: New to Scipt UO. Long time UO Player
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 10:57:15 AM »
Thanks for the great intro!  So many people still play UO that pretty much started at beta.  Amazing.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 10:59:32 AM »
Welcome to the board.  Join with the ranks of other peeps that have been around since the first day of beta :)

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 11:08:51 AM »
Welcome to SUO! Enjoy.

I too have been around that long, started playing this fine game 3 weeks after it hit the shelf's!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 11:11:43 AM »
My favorite bank back then was Vesper.  And I remember times when there was LOTS of people standing around the Magincia bank!  Magincia!?!!?  Yep.  Pretty much every bank had people standing around trying to keep from getting their items stolen by the lurking thieves.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline pimpdaddyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • pimpdaddy has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 12:10:20 PM »
Yea I loved the old school wars as well!  I am not sure if anyone played LS but the FR and HOS war was epic. 

I tried not being a noob.  I searched the boards far and wide.  When I download the Scriptuo file and I try to run it I get an error telling me that I don't have the .net framework?  Anyone explain?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 12:12:28 PM »
You'll have to goto the www.microsoft.com website to download the .NET framwork 2.0.  Since most people use Razor, the question doesn't come up too much.  But at least you can also run Razor now.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 07:33:01 PM »