Author Topic: Good intro example: Dooddad  (Read 29898 times)

Offline dooddadTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • dooddad has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Good intro example: Dooddad
« on: June 30, 2010, 03:56:21 PM »
+1
Hello, my character name is Dooddad.  I have been playing MMO's for about 10 years.  I first got introduced to MMO's when I was in high school.  I was watching a video game show on TV, and they had a feature on MMO's and UO specifically.  From that moment on I was hooked on MMO's.  The first MMO I played, was not UO, although I was gung ho about playing.  The first MMO I played, was infact, Star Wars Galaxies.  They had just launchd this MMO around the time I saw the show on TV and when I went with my friend to get UO, we saw that SWG was out and we went with it instead.  I have played many different MMO's since then.  I have played SWG, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Guildwars, and before UO I played WOW for 3.5 years.  I left WOW, because I felt that the game didn't have any "wow" anymore.  When I left WOW, I started feeling anxious because I couldn't find anything new to play.  So I was reminiscing about all the games I had played to see if there was one game I would play again.  Unfortunately, one did not come to mind.  What did come to mind, was how I got introduced to MMO's and the game they did their feature on.  I Googled UO and found it was alive and kickin.  I got a trial account and the rest is history.

I play on Baja, and I have 3 accounts (yes I'm a hardcore gamer).  My first template was a tamer.  I really liked this, but I was kinda envious of my friend who could solo everything with his sampire.  So I built a crafter, then I built a Sampire and then I got me a nice crafted suit.  Currently I am interested in working on my Tamer.  I want to moove him away from being a PVM tamer, and gear him more towards being a more well rounded tamer so that I can tamer greaters and sell them.  To this effect I am going to make him a peacer tamer.  That is how I came to this website.  A friend in my guild introduced me to easyuo and to scripting.  When I told him that I wanted to work on my tamer, he told me that he knew of a script that could help me a bit.  He referred me to ScriptUO and specifically to Maddog's Jhelom tamer.  So here I am, hopping to be let into this Community.

Hope to see and hear more from you guys and gals.

Dooddad
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 10:44:42 AM by TrailMyx »

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Dooddad
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 04:05:34 PM »
+1
Thanks for the intro.  Welcome to the site, i'm sure one of the mods will be around shortly to unrestrict your status.  Be sure to abuse the search button.
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 04:07:16 PM »
+1
lol sure will.  I was reading some of the other scripts and I think I have been wasting my time so far.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 06:10:55 PM »
+1
Welcome to the site Dooddad and have a look at all we have to offer here this site is really hard core info wise and we usually have a lot to offer in a lot of areas. So check us out.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 04:37:19 AM by Masscre »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 08:04:04 PM »
+1
YES!! Another introduction with some "meat" to it.  It's amazing how fast these ones get unrestricted.  Also a treat to read, so thank you for taking the time.  Hope you enjoy the site and our great members!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 08:06:57 PM »
+1
*SIGH*  How come no one comes here for MY scripts? :)  j/k Welcome. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 08:08:37 PM »
+1
*SIGH*  How come no one comes here for MY scripts? :)  j/k Welcome. 

Heh, Oh they will!  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ozzy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ozzy has no influence.
  • My Boys
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 03:25:38 PM »
+1
Welcome Doodad

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 07:00:27 PM »
+1
Welcome to SUO!  Enjoy our little family here. 

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Dooddad
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 05:57:40 PM »
+1
Thanks for all the welcomes, now i need to figure out how to be elite ><.  lol but ill get there.  Twinkle McNugget, ill take a look at your scrips as soon as I can. 

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Good intro example: Dooddad
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 07:14:32 AM »
+1
Now that is what I call a nice intro.  You make it easy on us when intro posts are like this.  Welcome to the site!

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 01:03:19 PM »
+1
Excellent introduction..welcome..

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 07:02:45 AM »
+1
Hmm..   I guess I'm the only one that caught the reference?

Dooddad...   as in Druid pronounced with some twang heh?

Anyway... Series of books where this character calls himself Dooddad all the time.   If I'm wrong ah well, but I figured it more likely with the gaming backround.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Pikel_Bouldershoulder

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 08:49:14 AM »
+1
nice intro... shame he never made it any further than that... 
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 09:00:36 AM »
+1
Gah..  I just realized that intro was prehistoric lol.    Hmm... & it appears I was the one who resurrected it too boot.   It was showing in my unread posts though so I have no idea what happened bc I clear that pretty much every day.

Tags: