Author Topic: Owning a Luna vendor house  (Read 6003 times)

Offline lordraithTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • lordraith has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Owning a Luna vendor house
« on: March 14, 2012, 12:01:54 AM »
 Over the years I've had luna vendor houses on a few different shards. Early on, I had thought how nice it would be to get weekly rent from vendors and strike it rich! Of course, if you put any thought into how much rent you charge, and how long it would take just to get the cost of the house back, you see the math doesnt really work in most cases.
 In my case, i didnt care as much about renting as haveing free vendors. I rented spots out at a cheap rate, to fill the place up so that it became an important stop when shopping - of course the best spots in the house were mine.
 A few months later i discovered why luna houses are so valueable. Its rarely spoken of, but the real gold in owning a luna house doesnt come from rent, it's found randomly in your moving crate. Every so often, a vendor falls for one reason or another. Several things on either end can cause it.
 When vendors fall the renter has roughly a week to claim their goods. After a week, the stuff moves to the houses moveing crate, and is now owned by the homeowner. Theres a million reasons, from being dumb, to being gone, that a renter may not collect their goods. It happens alot actually, at least a few times a year with no fault on my part.
 Alot of the time its junk, or a little gold... but sometimes.... Ive looked in my crate and found 280m in checks and tons of xfer and advance tokens all from one vendor. That may be rare, but it does happen.
Hey, if the Mayan's were right... at least we dont need to xmas shop this year... being lazy pays off, in the end. :D

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Owning a Luna vendor house
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 03:11:52 AM »
So you're saying sell my out of the way Fel house for a Luna vendor house ASAP... Hopefully (sort of) there will be another big IDOC day and I'll get lucky enough to get one.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 11:00:36 AM »
 If thats something you want to do, theres gold in it in the long run, and ive always enjoyed the upkeep.
Hey, if the Mayan's were right... at least we dont need to xmas shop this year... being lazy pays off, in the end. :D

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »
i have a luna house, i don't enjoy the upkeep.   ;) I try to keep it stocked, but eventually ill let it run out of wares. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 08:07:42 PM »
hehe, yea I let my vendors run out alot too, but never for more than a day or so. Im actually lucky enough to have someone else vendor all the basics at my house, I just suply the rares vendor and whatever i may be scripting that week - wood, ingots, heartwood, whatever. :)

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 09:23:45 PM »
I owned at one time 5 luna shops on one shard, wont get into to much specifics but made a mint off them. Some shops i had rented vendors, some free vendors and yes the storage vendor crate is a dream. I picked up so many items but i will say i gave back half the stuff to the shard. I rarely kept much cause 90 percent of the time all you have to do is ask someone hey can i have this or what you want to sell it to me for and 99 percent of time it was free just cause you were the owner. I have obviously since sold them all when i originally quit UO and made more $$ and gold out of it. I did run 18 vendors myself in one shop - the main one and it was a very very tedious upkeep job. Constantly having two accounts going non stop just to make items for the vendors is a chore in itself. Glad i do not do that kind of volume or business anymore!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 10:00:41 PM »
haha, 18 vendors at one spot is insane...i think i have maybe 12-15 total on all shards, like 5 at my own house.
 I give alot away as well, little things i hear asked for in general chat and bigger things i hear people i like spaming for. I do gold giveaways at hollidays, and spur of the moment event type stuff too. Recently ive found myself 2 ACTUAL new players to hook up - truely rare lately, and my favorite charity. (although, one of my newbs caught me scripting and paged = banned my afk butt, she didnt kno it was me)
 I'm not guilded on the shard my house is on, so no natural enemys, and since i do give alot away, including vendors, most are friendly tward me - which saves me well earned bans when im busted afk, usually.  ;)

Tags: